A view from the hallway on the bedroom/bathroom side:
SlidingBarnDoor003.jpg

SlidingBarnDoor006.jpg

SlidingBarnDoor008.jpg

An added benefit is that it keeps the dang dogs out of the bedroom at night
happy2.gif

/ The Log house Project begins........
#2,112  
Now what is left is all outside.....pressure wash, caulk and seal the gables/logs. Then insulate the two exterior exposed basement walls = 2" high density on the outside, lath, then stucco. Then some finish dirt work & landscaping.......I have all summer to get these things done!

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,113  
Nice job. :thumbsup: (poor dogs :laughing:)

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,114  
Rick,
That sliding door is the Cat's meow. It really opens (& closes) the view!
hugs, Brandi

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,115  
Rick, I have followed you from when your basement walls would not cooperate...What a great , creative, artistic job you have done in building your own home....I have no doubt even without modern tools and electricity you would have built this home just like the pioneers with the tools of that era....You should be very proud...pat yourself on the back for me....:thumbsup:

/ The Log house Project begins........
#2,116  
Thanks y'all...a few more things and this build thread will come to a close...it has been a fantastic journey
excellentgif_320_320_256_9223372036.gif

BTW...Puddles the Shaggin Waggin is all back together. I replaced the valve guides & seals, & along with new valve cover gaskets I m happy to report the oil consumption has ceased. I had a local shop re-do the A/C system that was missing some major parts
smiley_emoticons_confusednew.gif

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,117  
Was great to catch up on how you've been doing. You may have mixed feelings now that this project is coming to a close but like you said, there's always lots more to do.

Great work and cudos to you for your determination to get a project of this magnitude done !!

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,118  
Long ago you mentioned you had ADD or something and that was what was giving you the energy to "get her done"....Now what are you going to do with all that energy??? :)

Nice door by the way.

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,119  
Love all the little details that you've come up!!! The bedroom door is really nice. Congratulations on a job well done!!

Eddie

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,120  
Rick - Totally enjoyed your thread from the beginning. I have one question that I didn't see any "Fix" mentioned that is the dripping moisture on the deck from the roof. Is that still a problem?