The Log house Project begins........

/ The Log house Project begins........
#2,141  
Ok, let me clarify, I did see "sweat/condensation" (no rain) when running the ventless propane fireplace. We cut back on it's use and didn't see any dripping until it rained, so in actuality we were all right;).

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,142  
I wonder if butyl tape would seal better than silicone...?

#2,143  

maybe...but it might be a bear to put down. I have a call into my "metal guy" for two 45' lengths of rolled flashing.....I really think this is the ticket.

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,144  

That is what my pole barn supplier gives me clear sticky stuff on a backer that he calls snot (looks just like it buts it's about 25 ft long) 2 or 3 strips side by side on roll.

It reminds me of rubber cement that is always tacky.

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,145  
Wow! Rick, your project has really progressed since I last took a peek! I need to drop be and see in person. Hey, check your personal messages. I lost my e-mail account along with all my contacts. I just need your address........it's all there in the PM I sent you.

We may head over by mid-Fall!

Andy

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,147  
My spring just did the same thing. It has never been dry. It was running 5 gallons a minute a month ago and now nothing. Very strange considering all the rain this summer.

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,148  
The plumbing is clogged. :laughing: time to start diggin the spring out and look for the clog. :thumbsup:

#2,149  
Big rain inbound tonight.tomorrow. I got two 50'x10" rolls of dark brown aluminum flashing. I removed all the screws on the bottom of the transition metal, shoved about 4" of the roll flashing up under the transition as far as it would go, then replaced the screws. I then caulked the joints on the transition, and at each end where the new flashing metal meets the gable trim. I also put a new row of screws on the bottom edge of the new flashing. I hope this takes care of the "non condensation" problem.....:cool:
Rooftransitionflashing001.jpg

Rooftransitionflashing003.jpg

Rooftransitionflashing006.jpg

Earlier I had used the leftover copper sheeting from the countertops to cap all of my exposed beam ends:
Rooftransitionflashing007.jpg

#2,150  
8 hrs & 1.6 inches of rain.....ZERO leaks:thumbsup: