An Old Goat Ranch in Texas

/ An Old Goat Ranch in Texas #441  
Brett-

I was so disgusted with the bids tendered by the contractors around here (Bedias) I decided to act as my own General Contractor.

Tho I have located a lot of really fine suppliers for all of the various materials, and am getting great support from them as an "Owner-Builder" I cannot reccomend any pole barn builders...

Sorry, Brother...

T

Thanks for the answer! I might be hitting you up for some subs here in the next few months. We are looking at breaking ground in July/aug and chances are will be acting as our own GC as well. I would like to have someone build it for us but some really run the price up. I've got a buddy that's a builder and hopefully we can get together on a price. I've considered building the pole barn myself but I'd be shooting from the hip. I need to run the prices on materials vs turnkey building.

Brett

/ An Old Goat Ranch in Texas
Rusty-

I would be delighted to name all the names...but they are all within about 50 miles of Bedias...

What part of Heaven (Texas) are you roosting in?

T

/ An Old Goat Ranch in Texas #443  
Terry, I want to know what kind of 'fertilizer' you put around your posts. This one is growing a pine tree.:laughing:

goatranch.jpg

[video]http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AaNWTJu4auWTjY[/video]

So here is how your pour a 2150 square foot floor in 41 seconds....

I gotta go back to work and get some rest now...

BE SAFE OUT THERE....

Terry

/ An Old Goat Ranch in Texas #446  
If only that crew would charge you for only 41 seconds of work...:)

Fastest moving crew around. Looking good.

If only that crew would charge you for only 41 seconds of work...:)

Fastest moving crew around. Looking good.

RIGHT!!!

But I have to give credit where it's due, and these guys were the absolute BEST concrete craftsmen I have met in many, many years...

They didn't just dump some mud in the form and moosh it around...that floor has two diferent finishes, hard burnt in the main living area for future staining, and a light horsehair broom finish on the porch floor for slip resistance without too much dust-holding....the boss tinkered with adding a little bit of accellerant to the mix to account for the cool day we had and make sure the floor set up in the allotted time...and hit it right on the money...had all the mud down before lunch and finished up in late afternoon...they even trowled a roll-in shower into the bathroom floor and a walkin shower / slops sink into the mudroom floor...

...best of all....the boss charged me almost exactly what I had estimated...

...it is a rare occassion when I dont dicker over a price...!

All-in-all....a very good day...!

Be SAFE OUT THERE...

T

/ An Old Goat Ranch in Texas #448  
Lookin good Terry...know ya probably either headed over, or already over, so keep ya head down and ya powder dry...lookin forward to more updates...BTW, how's the pasture posse ?

Thanks,
Rich

/ An Old Goat Ranch in Texas #449  
RIGHT!!!

But I have to give credit where it's due, and these guys were the absolute BEST concrete craftsmen I have met in many, many years...

They didn't just dump some mud in the form and moosh it around...that floor has two diferent finishes, hard burnt in the main living area for future staining, and a light horsehair broom finish on the porch floor for slip resistance without too much dust-holding....the boss tinkered with adding a little bit of accellerant to the mix to account for the cool day we had and make sure the floor set up in the allotted time...and hit it right on the money...had all the mud down before lunch and finished up in late afternoon...they even trowled a roll-in shower into the bathroom floor and a walkin shower / slops sink into the mudroom floor...

...best of all....the boss charged me almost exactly what I had estimated...

...it is a rare occassion when I dont dicker over a price...!

All-in-all....a very good day...!

Be SAFE OUT THERE...

T

Glad that you found good craftsmanship for your foundation. If you're happy, we are too (for you).

Are you planning on doing any of the major work, or are you going to sub contract it out? The benefit of getting it done sooner vs. the cost associated....what to do,,,,what to do????

/ An Old Goat Ranch in Texas #450  
..........and the adventure continues. Looking good, Terry!
hugs, Brandi