New Dairy

/ New Dairy #13  
Blueriver Did you know Mr. Kleeman from Pryor Okla.
ken

I had not known him ... if we are talking of the Auctioneer of Kleeman Sales Company ... his reputation was a fine one.

/ New Dairy #14  
I had not known him ... if we are talking of the Auctioneer of Kleeman Sales Company ... his reputation was a fine one.

Was a person to know Sadly cancer won.
Do you do Dairy sales ? Holstein

Going to be a 250 head sale of pedagreed stock High Feed prices and low milk prices won also.
ken

/ New Dairy #15  
Was a person to know Sadly cancer won.
Do you do Dairy sales ? Holstein

Going to be a 250 head sale of pedagreed stock High Feed prices and low milk prices won also.
ken

Yes ...On site at the dairy farm ... pedigrees are read during the sale of the animal. Cattle are cataloged with the pedigree and production records. We set up portable panels and a portable auction ring under tent or make use of a large open loafing shed. A lot of deep bright bedding and wood shavings. Showmanship is essential for each animal. I also like refreshments and lunch available for the folks at the auction.

/ New Dairy #16  
Yes ...On site at the dairy farm ... pedigrees are read during the sale of the animal. Cattle are cataloged with the pedigree and production records. We set up portable panels and a portable auction ring under tent or make use of a large open loafing shed. A lot of deep bright bedding and wood shavings. Showmanship is essential for each animal. I also like refreshments and lunch available for the folks at the auction.

blueriver It was kind of and invite to come and purchase the cows .
The program been already set and cataloged to be held March 15th.
I'm leasing my property to the Dairyman and he keeps the dry cows on 80 acre part and the yearlings on the 40 acre part.
And has decided to quit trying to keep going with the feed prices exceeding the milk in come every month.
So now only one dairy will remain in the county 30 years ago there were over a hundred.
There are some comercial type cattle small family dairys but the large are gone.
ken

/ New Dairy #17  
blueriver It was kind of and invite to come and purchase the cows .
The program been already set and cataloged to be held March 15th.
I'm leasing my property to the Dairyman and he keeps the dry cows on 80 acre part and the yearlings on the 40 acre part.
And has decided to quit trying to keep going with the feed prices exceeding the milk in come every month.
So now only one dairy will remain in the county 30 years ago there were over a hundred.
There are some comercial type cattle small family dairys but the large are gone.
ken

Understood ... I don't have a dairy and there are non around me. I would be interested in reviewing the auction info. Do they have something online? Or could you get me a catalog?

/ New Dairy #18  
Understood ... I don't have a dairy and there are non around me. I would be interested in reviewing the auction info. Do they have something online? Or could you get me a catalog?

Send my a p.m.with address and will send the catalog.
ken

/ New Dairy #19  
Pilot-werx,

Yes, I would very much like to see pics of your new dairy setup! Back in the 20s-50's our family had a dairy and delivered door to door. They got stung by the pastureization and homogenzation process - another larger processor won the market based on preferences at the time. Our family had Jerseys - highest BF content and great milk but the consumer won but lost at the same time looking back.

Then in the 80's I installed milking systems/parlors with automated feeding based on production so yes, I would very much like to see the "new standard" in dairy operations.

BTW I am close enough and would love to see your operation if you are open to visitors.

Carl

/ New Dairy
I am sorry that I have not really had the time since the original post to follow up. Here is a progress photo of where I am at. The pond you see is 20' deep, about 500,000 gallons, 100% dug in clay and spring fed. Everyone needs a pond right?

The building is comprised of a steel skeleton and wrapped with SIP panels. The walls are 8.25" solid foam and the roof is 12.5" solid foam.

Being an engineer by education, I decided to take on the role of playing the GC for the whole project including all of the state and town approvals. The site started as 40 acres of trees, I had to develop my own water source, design a radical septic system and had the local utility run 2 miles of three-phase power to me.

Attachments

• pond.jpg
    pond.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 559