Airless spray gun or HVLP

/ Airless spray gun or HVLP #1  

747driver

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti CK27 HST
In the process of building kitchen cabinets. DW wants white cabinets. So I need to invest in a spray gun for the painting process. After researching...I am leaning to the airless type. Who has what types and pro's and con's on those. Thanks

/ Airless spray gun or HVLP #2  
I have a Binks HVLP...All pros, no cons. Best gun I ever owned.

/ Airless spray gun or HVLP #3  
Airless isn’t for cabinets. HVLP is the way to go. HVLP Brand is an unknown to me- check the reviews of the HF stuff- especially if it’s just one kitchen. My airless is a Titan

/ Airless spray gun or HVLP #4  
At the woodworking show in Sprinfield, MA a few weeks ago, I saw a demo of the Earlex 0HV6003PUS Spray Port 6003 HVLP Sprayer that looked pretty good. It was $450 at the show, $492 on Amazon. They also had a lesser model for $300 I think. The 6003 model could spray latex paint with no thinning. There was very little overspray. The Woodworking show will be in Atlanta March 16th. I believe it is run by Peachtree woodworking supply, which has a retail store in the Atlanta area.

/ Airless spray gun or HVLP #5  
Airless require's a lot of time to learn,HVLP is near fool proof. Airless put's out 10x as much paint per minute as HVLP.Airless bounce's paint off surface into air on onto operator,HVLP make's very little to no overspray. Airless is great on fences and buildings,HVLP is great for fine finish painting. You can paint a car with HVLP,not so for airless.

/ Airless spray gun or HVLP #6  
I壇 go with the hvlp. You値l get better atomization and therefore a better finish. The airless ones will work well with the higher-end models.

/ Airless spray gun or HVLP
Airless isn’t for cabinets. HVLP is the way to go. HVLP Brand is an unknown to me- check the reviews of the HF stuff- especially if it’s just one kitchen. My airless is a Titan

More research shows your right with the HVLP for cabinets. Although they have newer advanced airless sprayers it seems its not made for cabinets etc.

/ Airless spray gun or HVLP
At the woodworking show in Sprinfield, MA a few weeks ago, I saw a demo of the Earlex 0HV6003PUS Spray Port 6003 HVLP Sprayer that looked pretty good. It was $450 at the show, $492 on Amazon. They also had a lesser model for $300 I think. The 6003 model could spray latex paint with no thinning. There was very little overspray. The Woodworking show will be in Atlanta March 16th. I believe it is run by Peachtree woodworking supply, which has a retail store in the Atlanta area.

Thanks for the info on the woodworking show . We live 2 hrs from Atlanta.

/ Airless spray gun or HVLP #9  
Airless require's a lot of time to learn,HVLP is near fool proof. Airless put's out 10x as much paint per minute as HVLP.Airless bounce's paint off surface into air on onto operator,HVLP make's very little to no overspray. Airless is great on fences and buildings,HVLP is great for fine finish painting. You can paint a car with HVLP,not so for airless.

Exactly ^^^^.

My airless is what I hose down buildings/fence with. Set it over a 5gal paint bucket and let it rip !
(Couple of my movable firewood sheds under construction)

enhance

My Binks w/2.5 gallon pot is for fine work like furniture/cabinets.

Don't have good pic of the Binks, but the pot is in the background of this pic:

enhance

/ Airless spray gun or HVLP #10  
My buddy bought a cheap HF gun that he raves about for woodworking.

Thanks, furnone for mentioning the woodworking show. I'll have to see if I can get there. Maybe I'll see you there, Chuck.