Home addition question about existing foundation

/ Home addition question about existing foundation
Here is a shot of how much it drops over the 26'. It measure out at 1 1/2"'s lower here than the other end where it is all level.
Sorry for not posting the pictures sooner to help with the advice. Now that I understand how to post pictures that will make asking questions or showing something much easier.
Thanks Randy

Attachments

• 813769-breezeway 002.jpg
    813769-breezeway 002.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 200
   / Home addition question about existing foundation #12  
After looking at your pictures my question is - is there a full foundation under the house or the garage ( meaning a basement under the house) or is there a crawlspace? The slab area that you show in the picture may not actually be part of the foundation - in that it may have been a separate pour when the concrete work was done. If it isn't cracked anywhere on the slab anywhere it may also be that it was poured with the slope on purpose so that there would be drainage for any water that made it's way under the breezeway roof.

If all you are looking to do is level up the slab under the breezeway area you probably want to look at using some self leveling concrete and pour a layer on top of the existing breezeway slab. Quikrete makes a product that is for do it yourselfers or many of the companies that do radiant heat flooring use self leveling concrete in their floor installations.

/ Home addition question about existing foundation
I will go up to Lowes and see if they have something like that.
It is all one foundation, no basement.
I enclosed a photo of the rear of the house for a overall idea of what it is.
Thanks Randy

Attachments

• 813808-breezeway 003.jpg
    813808-breezeway 003.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 197
   / Home addition question about existing foundation #14  
Why do you want to level it?

/ Home addition question about existing foundation #15  
Thats a beautiful home Randy. I love the Kaufman county area. My grandfolks live in a region considered an unincorportated are of terrell. I think they say they live in talty, but I dont know. Its out thre in the sticks. But too much development is been occuring recently and its really growing up out tehre.