Pretty Lame Daytona 500

/ Pretty Lame Daytona 500 #31  
We run the Rolex Daytona SuperSpeed Circuit every year.

Glad that you enjoyed the hardcore racing video, it is well worth the download. It was a very difficult, close, competitive race at high speeds with lots of thrills attempting to take the lead throughout the entire race. Being up on those banks at that speed was pretty awesome, not to mention that the karts take up to 3.5-4G's on the turns, way way more force than any NASCAR vehicle could handle without creaming the concrete walls.

Neat skycup...
Back in the day i used to run a sprint kart with twin mac 9's it
was pretty quick, video brought back memories, Thx..

Bob..

/ Pretty Lame Daytona 500 #32  
   / Pretty Lame Daytona 500 #33  
Seems like a bunch of guys practicing left hand turns, I always wonder when they'll graduate to be able to do rights as well :p

Just to be 100% accurate, they do make right turns at Watkins Glen and Sonoma.

/ Pretty Lame Daytona 500 #34  
Seems like on the other tracks they should race one way ,when a caution comes out they should be forced to turn around and race the other on green.That would make it VERY INTERESTING.:D:
ALAN

/ Pretty Lame Daytona 500 #35  
Neat skycup...
Back in the day i used to run a sprint kart with twin mac 9's it
was pretty quick, video brought back memories, Thx..

Bob..

LOL, one of my best friends dads had a twin mac kart in the mid-60's and we used to run it at Sebring Racetrack in Florida. We thought 80mph in a kart was totally awesome back then.

I run my 110mph Road Race shifter karts at some major track in North America including - Road America in Elkart, Wisconsin, Road Atlanta in Atlanta, Barber Motorsports in Birmingham, Alabama, Kershaw Motorsports in Kershaw, South Carolina, Daytona Super Speedway, Mid-Ohio, and Virginia International Raceway.

Last year, I came in 2nd in my class in the country, not too shabby for a 58 year old geezer!!! :D

Last edited:
   / Pretty Lame Daytona 500 #36  
Seems like on the other tracks they should race one way ,when a caution comes out they should be forced to turn around and race the other on green.That would make it VERY INTERESTING.:D:
ALAN

They have done that for street stocks and claimer/bomers at the local track. You had to set your car up flat, because you never knew if you were going to turn left, or right, race to race. In the heat you may turn left, in the main you may turn right...