Who rides a motorcycle?

/ Who rides a motorcycle? #51  
Thomas-- this is what you need for King Road this time of year!

Really nice job on the chopper, though! (Will we get to see it on the road around here?)

Attachments

• 4:7:2010-1.JPG
    4:7:2010-1.JPG
    151.8 KB · Views: 78
   / Who rides a motorcycle? #52  
Anything old seems to find me.
0227.jpg

IMG_2024.jpg

Bikes I road in New Zealand in February. My bikes are almost the same. Always looking for more. :)

/ Who rides a motorcycle?
Wow an old thread revived. I have been riding all winter and enjoying the "new to me" bike. This weekend, I am riding the Oregon 250, should be lots of fun and it looks like the weather will actually co-operate. :thumbsup:

/ Who rides a motorcycle?
Since it has been a year, thought I should throw out some pics of recent riding.

having-fun-01.jpg

having-fun-02.jpg

having-fun-03.jpg

having-fun-04.jpg

Needless to say, the bike has been a blast to ride, glad I decided on this bike, no regrets here. Ok, maybe the only regret is I don't get to ride more, work and family get in the way. :laughing:

/ Who rides a motorcycle? #55  
I rode all the time before I started having seizures. I sold my bikes because I didn't want the temptation, and we can all agree what would happen if I had one on the bike. Now Ive been off the meds for a while and no seizures!! So Im looking for another one now, and believe I found another one. It's not close to being new nor is it as big as I'd like but when money is tight you get what works.

/ Who rides a motorcycle? #56  
Havent had a bike in 30 years til I just picked up a rokon trailbreaker. Not really a bike by most standards but will carry out one deer while dragging another most places that I can walk. Bolt on side car will take 3 people beachcombing in all but the softest sand. Great as long as you don't wanna go over 15, perfect bike for an old man like me. Have to save the speed for my sled.:D

/ Who rides a motorcycle? #57  
I ride every chance I get. 99 Husky 360WR (plated), 05 Harley XL1200R, 82 BMW R100RT, 07 Husky 510TE(plated) and a friend recently gave me an 82 Honda CBX that hadn't moved from the corner of his garage for 23 years. It's my winter restoration project. Oddly enough, I do longer trips on my dual-sport bikes than on my road bikes. Ridden Baja twice on my old Husky. Used my Sporty for business, to the bank, post office, deliver invoices, pick up cheques, check work progress, etc. Bought the BMW (collector plate, cheap insurance) for a nicer mount for my better half and to allow 100% tax deduction for the Sporty. Bought the 510 for the electric start but kept the 360 because it is heavy and too tough for lots of single track.

/ Who rides a motorcycle? #58  
Had my '82 Virago 750 out for about 50 miles yesterday (76 km; it's a Canadian bike)... bundled up pretty well, of course! Temp was 36 at my house, maybe 42 "in town"..... Very brisk, some snow showers! :thumbsup:

Only saw two other surprised riders- can't be too many of us crazies left!:laughing:

People asked when was I going to put it up for the winter-- "I don't" is my standard response.:cool:

/ Who rides a motorcycle? #59  
I had a 81 GS850 thats similar to the Virago. I liked it all though I made the mistake of getting on my brother's brand new Vulcan 900, and lets just say I was never happy with it again. Then I went out and bought a 89 Yamaha Voyager in a box, the man that owned it before me swerved to miss a deer, and went into the grass and slowed it down considerably before it went down.

So being a former mechanic i said to myself I can put it together. No matter what I did, it was never right. The air ride would never adjust so the ride was terrible and unsafe. The radiator would overheat, even after replacing and rechecking everything thing know to cause it to get hot I finally called it quits and sold it.
Now I got my eye on an 83 Kawasaki Sprectre 750

Tip of the week. Never buy a bike in a box!