2010 Hunting

/ 2010 Hunting #1  

farmboy12

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M4900 FEL; New Holland TC30 MMM; Ford 1620; Ford 1520 MMM; John Deere X740; John Deere 455 MMM; Craftsman 19.5hp;;;;; Antiques: 1946 John Deere B; 1951 John Deere MT; 1952 Allis Chalmers B; 1967 International 140
Hey all, I've been gettin in the zone for hunting this year with my stops to TSC, Bass Pro, Under Armour, etc. I'm puttin up stands and tracking my bucks and gettin ready for shotgun season (I don't bow hunt). So I was wondering how everybody else was doing this year as far as setup and if anybody has gotten any trophies yet. While I'm referring to deer hunting currently, I'd also love to hear stories about other animals you may be hunting or have hunted. This is my first full year getting into it as my father stopped hunting a while back and now I have to pretty much learn myself into it. So, any tips and any stories are more than welcome. Thanks everybody and good luck in advance!

Kyle

/ 2010 Hunting #2  
Didn't your father take you hunting?

/ 2010 Hunting
Nope, he stopped 10 years before I was born just because he didn't see the fun in it. As a teenager, and in many ways, me and him don't often see eye to eye. I think hunting is great.

Kyle

/ 2010 Hunting #4  
Seems to me the winter was a little hard on the deer... I don't see as many around my land (although, in the city we have them in our back yard). I have not done well on our property since we have several dogs that leave their "marks". The guy that showed me how to dress a deer... has shoulder problems so I REALLY need to step it up a couple of notches... have two freezers to fill this year.

/ 2010 Hunting #5  
Today,,,I dumped out 500 lbs of corn 20 yards from my tree stand:thumbsup:,,,bow season starts next sat.
My 12 year old daughter killed her second squirrel yesterday,with her double barreled 410,[one shot,one kill],we are now done squirrel hunting...

/ 2010 Hunting #6  
Today,,,I dumped out 500 lbs of corn 20 yards from my tree stand:thumbsup:,,,bow season starts next sat.
My 12 year old daughter killed her second squirrel yesterday,with her double barreled 410,[one shot,one kill],we are now done squirrel hunting...

That would cost you $500 in MS.

/ 2010 Hunting #7  
Bow hunting under way in NH..I don't bow hunt..muzzle loader last weekend just before pre rut,follow by firearm and things get interesting..ruts on..I like to wait until Thanksgiving weekend before putting my noise to grind stone sort of speaking...I enjoy the time also less of chance of going shopping w/Mrs. ;)..and yes I have m eye's on 2 hum dingers. :)

/ 2010 Hunting #8  
Nope, he stopped 10 years before I was born just because he didn't see the fun in it. As a teenager, and in many ways, me and him don't often see eye to eye. I think hunting is great.

Kyle

Sorry to hear that. My two boys both could start deer hunting with me when they were 12. Wouldn't trade those life experiences for anything. One is flying home the first of Nov. for a week of bow hunting (he's 45 now).

Here is a composite of one I caught on trail cam last week. Hope he hangs around awhile.

Attachments

• 10_2_buck.JPG
    10_2_buck.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 138
   / 2010 Hunting #9  

That would cost you $500 in MS.

Wow - corn is way more expensive in Mississippi than it is here - I think you can get a 100 lb bag for about $10 or $12.

hee-hee

/ 2010 Hunting #10  
Yeah I paid 6 something per 50 lb bag,,thought I was paying to much but didn't want to go anywhere else that day,,glad I don't have to buy it in mississippi:laughing: