Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too?

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #271  
We like lotus too:)

This is my other sons Elise sport 160 which we get to play with on the track now and then.

The grumpy one driving is me:)

I saw a Lotus (new model, but I don't recall the model number/name) recently. They're using Toyota engines now, aren't they?

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #272  
I saw a Lotus (new model, but I don't recall the model number/name) recently. They're using Toyota engines now, aren't they?

I think Toyota yes but the prefered conversion for older ones is the Honda Civic type R motor like the one in this Atom which is 0 to 60 in 2.8 seconds.

Both my sons used to do demonstration drives and instruct people on how to drive fast on a trck, the Atom was one of the demo cars along with the Caterham.

trampolinecat034-1.jpg

The Elise sport 160 has lowered springs and shocks and a cam in it and also most important very good brakes. Not a lot will catch it at the lotus track days not even the 230 bhp Exige, they loose out on the corners even with me at the wheel.:D

This is a quick video of Sie on his slow down lap at Oulton Park and the flames from the exhaust as he goes into the pits:)

There is a better video in post 231

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #273  
Part of the fun with SCCA was a lot of the guys would race their daily driver on the weekends...

Still remember taking the GT40 out one early Sunday morning and setting off store front burglar alarms when I reved the engine...

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #274  

When the Elise came out a few years ago, they used the same engine
that I have in my Toyota Celica GT-S, the 1.8-liter unit with Yamaha
head and variable valve timing and lift. Good for 190hp, better than
100hp/liter.

There are a number of them around here, along with the hardtop Exige.

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #275  
I'll bet none of them do this:laughing:

Attachments

• lotus flame.jpg
    lotus flame.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 122
   / Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #276  
What do you think of these?, they are for the Elise and weigh not very much, they will also last forever.:)

Carbon silicon compound:licking:

SDC11443.jpg

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #277  
Sutol said:
I'll bet none of them do this:laughing:

Some of them do exactly that.

:)

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #278  
Some of them do exactly that.

:)

Arhhhh but,

The Elise doesn't have a turbo:)

We programmed the ECU to overfuel on shutoff so we get lots of bangs and flames, just as well the exhaust is stainless steel

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #279  
Sutol said:
Arhhhh but,

The Elise doesn't have a turbo:)

We programmed the ECU to overfuel on shutoff so we get lots of bangs and flames, just as well the exhaust is stainless steel

Same technique for the Federal 111s. No turbo. I have not reprogrammed mine, so it only does it a tiny bit; mostly noticeable only at night. A couple of guys have reprogrammed and get a more glorious result.

I love my car, but I would trade it for a first generation Exige in a heartbeat.

I'm not entirely sure, but wouldn't a turbo tend to reduce it due to having the unit in the exhaust?

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #280  
Times are a changing. It used to be tuning the carbs and spiffing up the ignition system. Now it's pulling out the computer and fingering the key board.:thumbsup::eek::thumbsup:

I keep thinking TR3!