Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too?

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #281  
Same technique for the Federal 111s. No turbo. I have not reprogrammed mine, so it only does it a tiny bit; mostly noticeable only at night. A couple of guys have reprogrammed and get a more glorious result.

I love my car, but I would trade it for a first generation Exige in a heartbeat.

I'm not entirely sure, but wouldn't a turbo tend to reduce it due to having the unit in the exhaust?

Some turbo ECUs overfuel a little on shutting off, this spins the turbo up when it ignites and helps stop turbo lag when you put your foot down again.

I think the S1 Elise is far prettier than the Exige but then we've had two of them so I'm a little in love with them

Aint she pretty:)

Attachments

• SDC11453.jpg
    SDC11453.jpg
    899.2 KB · Views: 124
   / Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #282  
I never drove an Elise or Exige, but they have the same chassis as
the Tesla Roadster. I had a few hours in one of these and the accelleration
was excellent, tho it clearly weighed much more than the Lotuses (Loti?).

The problem with driving the Tesla is that if you drive hard for several
laps around the track, then the battery and motor will get too hot, so
power gets reduced. Oh, yeah, $150K out the door, too.

I drove the metallic green one...that BRG Lotus above is a nicer green, IMO.

Attachments

• Tesla_HQ.jpg
    Tesla_HQ.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 110
   / Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #283  
I never drove an Elise or Exige, but they have the same chassis as
the Tesla Roadster. I had a few hours in one of these and the accelleration
was excellent, tho it clearly weighed much more than the Lotuses (Loti?).

The problem with driving the Tesla is that if you drive hard for several
laps around the track, then the battery and motor will get too hot, so
power gets reduced. Oh, yeah, $150K out the door, too.

I drove the metallic green one...that BRG Lotus above is a nicer green, IMO.

I'm impressed with the Tesla but without the ear shattering roar on acceleration and the flaming crackles on over run I'm afraid there wouldn't be much fun for me in driving one.
It's only .9 of a second slower to sixty than the Ariel Atom and that thing is amazing to blast up to speed on the track.
I would imagine the Tesla is much the same and I asume it would have a radio as well, our Elise has a radio but you can only hear it when parked with the motor off:D

I could never afford either car and am fortunate to have a petrol head son who lets me use his Elise and also his Renault Clio 182 cup which is brilliant on track.
Roll on the next track day:D

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #284  
I'm impressed with the Tesla but without the ear shattering roar on acceleration and the flaming crackles on over run I'm afraid there wouldn't be much fun for me in driving one.
It's only .9 of a second slower to sixty than the Ariel Atom and that thing is amazing to blast up to speed on the track.

I guarantee you that you would also love the Tesla. It sounds like a
jet turbine with a sound suppressor. The response to the right-foot is
Immediate. I DO think the sound of a V8 Ferrari at 7500RPM is better.

To be able to register an Ariel Atom for the street here in CA, you have
to buy it sans engine, and install your own (Honda or GM). This would
be my toy of choice if I bought another performance car.

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #285  
does American Muscle count as a "sports car"?

My 1968 Camaro has resided here since I built the place was brought up to the garage by tractor and chain. I started it but couldnt drive it because the brakes were dry. A brake job grew into a resto.... Trying to make it a nice driver/cruiser with attitude..still inprogress

Attachments

• 1-23-06 001 (1).jpg
    1-23-06 001 (1).jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 105
  • 1-23-06 001 (4).jpg
    1-23-06 001 (4).jpg
    326.6 KB · Views: 107
  • Picture 055.jpg
    Picture 055.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 115
  • Copy of Picture 008.jpg
    Copy of Picture 008.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 107
   / Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #286  

My 1968 Camaro has resided here since I built the place was brought up to the garage by tractor and chain. I started it but couldnt drive it because the brakes were dry. A brake job grew into a resto.... Trying to make it a nice driver/cruiser with attitude..still inprogress

I want one:thumbsup:

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #287  

I loved my 68 Z-28... wish I could have found a way to hold on to it...

Thirty years ago I sold it for $6500... which was a lot of money for a 12 year old Chevrolet when I was trying to figure out a way to pay for school...

Often wonder where it ended up...

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #288  

Sounds like you have a bad case of "while-your-at-its". Nice looking car, the bowtie crowd will be all over that one if word gets out.

Is it that a real Z?

Last edited:
   / Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #289  
Sounds like you have a bad case of "while-your-at-its". Nice looking car, the bowtie crowd will be all over that one if word gets out.

Is it that a real Z?

I can't tell for sure... doesn't look like it has the Z 302 engine or 68 stock Z hood.

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #290  
Some turbo ECUs overfuel a little on shutting off, this spins the turbo up when it ignites and helps stop turbo lag when you put your foot down again.

I think the S1 Elise is far prettier than the Exige but then we've had two of them so I'm a little in love with them

Aint she pretty:)

That is a great looking car (to my tastes.)