Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too?

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #301  
I just bought my new "sports car" last week. It was on my bucket list of things to do and since I'm reverting to my second childhood, I figured this was the best time to get it. I looked at many different makes and models and decided that the 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Grand Touring was the car for me.

When many people hear the name Hyundai they think of the cheap Excels and Accents that the company first started importing into America but don't realize that Hyundai Motor Group is the world's 4th largest manufacturer of automobiles and they also make many other vehicles like trucks, buses, bulldozers and even shipping containers. They make high end luxury cars like the Equus which rivals Mercedes and their vans and buses are extremely popular in foreign countries as I saw many on my last Caribbean cruise. Their quality has improved greatly and they constantly receive better ratings than most other makes.

My Genesis has a 348 hp 3.8L GDI DOHC V6 engine with Dual-CVVT with 8-speed electronic automatic with lock-up torque converter and paddle-shift . It is amazingly fast although it is almost a luxury car because it is equipped with everything I can think of to put in a car. Their 5 year bumper to bumper warranty and 10 year powertrain warranty also influenced my decision to buy.

Attachments

• GenesisFront.jpg
    GenesisFront.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 112
  • GenesisSide.jpg
    GenesisSide.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 113
  • GenesisRear.jpg
    GenesisRear.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 106
  • GenesisInterior.jpg
    GenesisInterior.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 133
   / Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #303  
I'd be in Pat's group and pick a nice Morgan Plus Four. Impressions of old but new running gear. Of course there is nothing shabby about the Morgan Veyron either!:thumbsup:

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #304  
"You old enough to remember the Sunbeam Tiger?"

Yep. They used to try to keep up with our 120... did fine on the straights, but just a bit front-heavy in the turns. Great sound, though; one of the best uses for a 289 (or was it the 260? Gettin' old!), other than the original Cobras.

Yes, I went through my "second childhood" (or third? fourth?) and bought a fast vehicle, but she has wings (really!). Air-cooled flat four, 320 cubes, definitely old school!:laughing:

Lg Jag photos.JPGDSC04416.JPG

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #305  
carbon brakes.jpg
Fitted some decent brakes to the Elise, they are amazing even when just resting a foot on the pedal (no power brakes), also after braking hard from 80 / 90mph several times the calipers and discs are cool enough to touch.

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too?
That's a nice car. Comparable to a G37 coupe in terms of luxury, weight, HP but less money I'm guessing. Hyundai is developing a good reputation, especially the Genesis line. I think you will enjoy it. All you need to do is put some track pads on it and you're off to the track........

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #307  
I just bought my new "sports car" last week. It was on my bucket list of things to do and since I'm reverting to my second childhood, I figured this was the best time to get it. I looked at many different makes and models and decided that the 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Grand Touring was the car for me.

When many people hear the name Hyundai they think of the cheap Excels and Accents that the company first started importing into America but don't realize that Hyundai Motor Group is the world's 4th largest manufacturer of automobiles and they also make many other vehicles like trucks, buses, bulldozers and even shipping containers. They make high end luxury cars like the Equus which rivals Mercedes and their vans and buses are extremely popular in foreign countries as I saw many on my last Caribbean cruise. Their quality has improved greatly and they constantly receive better ratings than most other makes.

My Genesis has a 348 hp 3.8L GDI DOHC V6 engine with Dual-CVVT with 8-speed electronic automatic with lock-up torque converter and paddle-shift . It is amazingly fast although it is almost a luxury car because it is equipped with everything I can think of to put in a car. Their 5 year bumper to bumper warranty and 10 year powertrain warranty also influenced my decision to buy.

That is a fine looking car. Hyundai builds excellent cars, they also build large ships and trains.

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #308  
Sports cars... reminds me. "The Art of Racing in the Rain" was a nice read.

My dream is a Sunbeam Tiger, an AC Cobra replica, or a Viper ACR. Well, I'd love a real AC Cobra, but that will never happen for me.

For the time being, the wife got a SLK280. It's fun.

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #309  
Not mine but had this to play in today. V8 with sport exhausts, sounds awsome:licking:SDC12481.JPG

Did I mention the supercharger lol

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #310  
I've always enjoyed a good car with great handling on twisting roads. I had a Datsun Z in my youth, then a Mustang Cobra but then swapped into practicality for a number of years with a young family - although I did manage to have a company BMW 5 Series car for a year in the mix.

For the last few years, I've been driving a Jaguary XJ6. I'm a high mileage driver so I'm on my third one - I buy them inexpensively with about 60,000 miles and take them up to 150,000 to 200,000 miles before swapping it out. It's a great touring car, good handling, a big 4.0L straight six, and lots of getup-and-go even at freeway speeds (I really like the acceleration between 60 and 90 mph). It's comfortable with lots of room and I can still haul my kids with sports equipment around when needed - a good compromise.

A true 'sports car' in the future - maybe....