Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too?

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #321  
Sadly, as I have started enjoying driving a sports car I have started hating driving my 2003 F150. Until I got into sports cars I'd never driven anything but trucks. And while I haven't driven any late model trucks I find so many of them to be wallowing, unresponsive land yachts that do not excel on or off road. I think that is the fault of the American consumer who wants car-like trucks with car-like ride and safety that at least make a pretense at being good off road as well. Thus, they do neither well.

Trying to steer my 2003 F150 XLT SuperCrew 4x4 is more like making a suggestion, stopping it is a vague but sometime desperate hope, and getting the big slush box to shift properly is like playing the lottery.
What I wouldn't give for a full size truck with a manual transmission, enormous brake pads and rotors, firm and beefy springs with firm responsive shocks and most of all, precise steering with at least a vague feeling that the steering wheel is in some way connected to the front wheels.
I'm assuming I'd have to build this mythical beast myself.

How about a Dodge Ram SRT10? They made them for a few years and they can still be found a a fairly good price.

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too?
How about a Dodge Ram SRT10? They made them for a few years and they can still be found a a fairly good price.

Don't know anything about them but will look them up. Did they come in 4x4? Towing package?

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #323  
No, but they came with the Viper motor/tranny... It was more a production motor than the hand built motors in the Viper. Dad's boss had one, but I never got to go for ride. Everyone that rode in/drove it said it was wicked fast...

Don't know anything about them but will look them up. Did they come in 4x4? Towing package?

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #324  

So let me get this straight. You want a truck that perfroms like a sports car, but you want it to be a 4x4 and a tow package? Yeah they make such a thing, its called a Duramax with a Corvette on a trailer behind it. :laughing:

Seriously, your asking for too much. The SRT10 was originally offered in short bed with the v10 Viper engine and a six speed stick. I think for a couple of years they made it in a four door truck version also. I don't think it ever came in 4x4. There is probably not a transfer case that would handle the power.

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #325  
That RAM SRT10 would have been amazing with AWD...

Seriously, your asking for too much. The SRT10 was originally offered in short bed with the v10 Viper engine and a six speed stick. I think for a couple of years they made it in a four door truck version also. I don't think it ever came in 4x4. There is probably not a transfer case that would handle the power.

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #326  
There was also the Ford Lightning. the Ford Raptor is also interesting but not as a sportcar. The gmc cyclone and typhoon, were impressively fast with boosted engines and awd, but they weren't setup to tow. In Australlia they have modern el caminos style car utes with the Corvette drivetrain by Holden (gmc).

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #327  
We have a 2012 Mustang vert. Don't get to use it much but when we o we really enjoy it. It's a fair weather car. Only used n sunny days and stored in the winter.

no1.jpg

cec4e333cc595252dbf23fa32307a5db.jpg

57403a220e681617488eab1faccc7cff.jpg

9f5ea29df00bf1b9887c6aed9d485e1b.jpg

4fa6b3b1cae55aea6e1d4017cf94401e.jpg

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #328  
I have a new project it's a 69 mach 1 numbers matching 351 factory 4bbl dual exhaust.

Attachments

• image-2196877564.jpg
    image-2196877564.jpg
    379.6 KB · Views: 91
   / Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #329  
A few more pics of the mach

Attachments

• image-1926636877.jpg
    image-1926636877.jpg
    523.6 KB · Views: 91
  • image-496314083.jpg
    image-496314083.jpg
    534 KB · Views: 93
   / Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #330  
A 2500 Denali with a programmer may be the closest you can get to a 4wd truck with some sports car characteristics.