Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too?

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #401  
Used to be, then took what I thought was only going to be a temporary pause from sports cars.

My high school pride and joy: (1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST)
EclipseFrontAngle.jpg

Copyofsiderear.jpg

Ate mustangs and camaros for breakfast. Miss that car.

Switched from HP modding to fuel economy modding (well, I guess it was both) with a diesel VW.

Now with 50% more power and 15% more mpg. 100k+ miles of 50 mpg, love it. But it's still SO SLOW! haha.

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #402  
All depends...

Most go about living their lives under the radar...

The problem is when you are no longer under the radar.

A few years ago I received a certified letter from code compliance saying the city had declared my little rental home a public nuisance and condemnation hearing to follow.

I just couldn't understand... and why do these type of notices always come in the mail on a Friday.

Called Monday and was told I will have "My" opportunity at the hearing to have my say and was asked if I was bringing council.

I drive down to city hall and camped out in my district representatives office and eventually his office arranged a site visit with me present for the next day.

We meet and he sees nothing wrong... even comments my property is well kept and the nicest on the block.

Pulls out the file and discovers the property in question is identified as "Property located adjacent to 1257 Elm Street"

A builder that went Bankrupt in 2009 left a partially constructed dwelling on the lot next to me...

The sleepless weekend and the grey hairs had nothing to do with me.

Similar issues in another California city with a nice 69 Mercury Cougar owned by my tenant and kept with a car cover under the carport.

City issued me a nuisance order for keeping a derelict auto in public view... City had recently passed a law saying any inoperable vehicle could only be stored inside a garage that was permitted by the city...

Inoperable means any vehicle not moved at least once every 72 hours... even in your own driveway of carport... I sold that home in a heartbeat after owning 12 years.

I'm a car person and love my tractors and this is why I have been delingently looking for the right property outside the city limits of any city...

It's kind of ironic that the one home I have in a HOA has the least problems because the neighborhood is not open to the public...

It is also ironic because the very restrictive CC&R's recently prohibted trailers and tractors... thing is my neighbor is the HOA president and he has a trailer and I have helped him many times and my neighbors with my tractor...

All my neighbors like me which is great... it is just the older I get the less I want to depend on being liked... if that makes any sense?

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #403  
It really depends on where you are. The SF Bay Area is "generally" much more restrictive than other parts of the state, although there are pockets of restrive area's elsewhere. Even in the larger Bay Area, that can vary wildly.

I'm two hours east in the foothill's; like a different state! Although, there are area's/pockets of HOA and CC&R still. But not in my case.

Ya gotta figure, California is the size of almost 1/2 the Eastern Seaboard, with some counties being bigger that Eastern states... That is part of issue here; we're under state laws and regs that make sense for LA or SF, but do not in Shingle Springs or Grass Valley...

UltraRunner,

Can you pass wind in CA without a permit, being taxed, fined, reported to the EPA, fire department and/or the POlice? :shocked:

Later,
Dan

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #404  
I have a 1978 Datsun 280Z that I have been restoring since '96 between chores and farming emergencies.

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #405  
Back when I bought my first Model A...

California had a 25 year rolling exemption on vehicle smog requirements.

Legislature changed it to 30 and later froze it at 1976.

So, just about any vehicle 1976 and newer is subject to inspection and testing.

I have a 1976 BMW 2002 and a 1976 Spitfire that I will not do anything with because they are subject inspection and testing...

Just can't see spending a lot of time an effort only to be faced with inspection only or being screened as a gross polluter just to have tags...

California was the mecca of the custom and car culture... the State is no where near as car friendly...

My friend in Oregon gets a 5 year collector tag for a few dollars... at a minimum, 5 years in California is pushing $500 and that is just for tags.

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #406  
my old 83 cavalier MKI I kept it for about 10 years. I took it for a cruise and shipped it over seas for a group ride.

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #407  
Have these two sitting in the garage.
image.jpg

Brought this one home this morning. Started home with the top down but my wife didn't like the 55 degree weather!

image.jpg

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #410  
What are they?

Boy, hadn't looked at post after doing it. I'm going have to figure out how to post better pictures when using the iPad!

The white one in the garage is an Aston Martin DBS, the black one is a Ford GT.

The new one is a 2014 Jaguar F-Type V8 S. While test driving it my wife took the wheel for a spell and decided she'd let me trade in her 2002 Thunderbird if we got it. Problem is, she is already starting to think of it as "her" car!

I'll let her pretend its her car sometimes, but that won't apply to the tractor!