Finding that car again!

/ Finding that car again! #11  
I still have my 70 Chevelle SS 396 that my dad "made" me buy while I was in college...Ain't parting with it. It's sitting in the back of the shop covered up and waiting for a motor rebuild...Someday.
I had a 69' SS 396. Decent shape. My father gave me a sale paper from a dealer offering a crate LS7 454 - $1995 in 1979. Bought a Trans Am instead, another questionable decision.

/ Finding that car again! #12  
I found pictures... I would love to have another Roadrunner as I mentioned in previous post. As much as I liked that car, I only have a couple pictures. And, in those pictures, a couple center caps are missing...

It is kinda funny, in the junk Ford pickup in the background, was sitting a 383 4spd out of a '69 Roadrunner. Neighbor got it out of a wrecked car, and put it in that Ford pickup, but never finished it. That truck sat for years, but he would not let go of the motor/tranny.

Attachments

• img010.jpg
    img010.jpg
    842 KB · Views: 120
  • img011.jpg
    img011.jpg
    761 KB · Views: 87
  • img012.jpg
    img012.jpg
    525 KB · Views: 114
   / Finding that car again! #13  
Great Looking car. I had a 64 Fury with the same colors as your car. Had the 426 engine.

/ Finding that car again! #14  
I love those old Belvederes - Beautiful.

/ Finding that car again!
I like your car. Just my personal taste, but that car would look great with the small hub caps and painted wheels.

I agree, when I get the car home I will swap them out with the stock wheels and correct tires. ( I may cheat a liitle and put "Baby Moons" on it thou.)

/ Finding that car again!
   / Finding that car again! #17  
Would there be any reason to attempt finding a 48 Ford coupe? The one I pushed more miles than I drove.:laughing: Wasn't a dam bit funny then but is now that I can see how much smarter my dad was than I gave credit for at a young age.

/ Finding that car again! #18  
Only car I ever wish I had kept was the '70 Mach 1 I purchased new for $3200. Grabber Blue with white vinyl seats, 351 4V Cleveland, Hurst shifted 4 speed, 3.50 Traction-Lok, Rim-Blow steering wheel, Shaker hood scoop, Sport Slats...got $900 trade in value 3 years later.

The same car would probably set me back $35,000 today...which means even if I found one, I couldn't afford to buy it.

/ Finding that car again! #19  
I had a '74 Challenger rallye that I loved, but do not regret selling it due to the Michigan rust underneath. My favorite of the E-body mopars would be the '71 Cudas.

The only vehicle that I regretted trading in was my '99 Sierra due to my family outgrowing it. The rest have needed to find a new home for one reason or another.

/ Finding that car again! #20  
I owned both a 70 Challenger and 70 Road Runner at one time. I can't say I regret selling them, it was so much work to keep them in show condition and running well. Of the two, I miss the Challenger the most. It was a non Rt 383 4bbl, convertible, automatic, air conditioning, power windows, 3.23 sure grip. It was a very loaded car for the day. I spent about 3 years restoring it during the late 1980's, and continued to put NOS parts on it over the years. By the time I sold it, just about every piece of trim was either brand new or completely restored. The color is called Burnt Orange Mettalic.

Attachments

• 70chall.jpg
    70chall.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 107