Need concealed handgun recommendations urgently please

/ Need concealed handgun recommendations urgently please #21  
I disagree with Roy regarding the control of the circumstances by the step-mother, and that is why the OP should contact Texas Adult Protective Services. Financial Exploitation of a Vulnerable Adult by a Caretaker is a felony in most states, and probably is in Texas.

I wholly support Roy's advice regarding a concealed carry. It is sound advice.

I don't think the law considers a spouse as a caretaker. A spouse can set someone out on the porch, bag and baggage. Clean out the bank account, sell off the household items and either borrow money on the home place or sell it and disappear into the night. Isn't marriage great?

/ Need concealed handgun recommendations urgently please #22  
So you are going into a gang infested area and want to take a gun. Just so you are aware our Police dept. don't have enough arms to seal with the Mex. drug gangs, that's why they have free reign to do as they wish wherever they wish. They now run Mexcio.

My suggestion - find a better way to handle this that with any type of gun, because you will lose - just like every city on the border has lost to the drug gangs.

/ Need concealed handgun recommendations urgently please #23  
I don't think the law considers a spouse as a caretaker. A spouse can set someone out on the porch, bag and baggage. Clean out the bank account, sell off the household items and either borrow money on the home place or sell it and disappear into the night. Isn't marriage great?

That may be true for someone other than a vulnerable adult, like yourself. Do you know for a fact that is the law in Texas relative to a vulnerable adult?

I say it is best to consult a lawyer regarding who is a vulnerable adult, and what rights a spouse and her family have to plunder his assets. And that is what Adult Protective Services in Texas does according to their website.

/ Need concealed handgun recommendations urgently please
I'm in round rock Texas. I wish I had read this before passing Georgetown. To those concerned. I appreciate this. Remember, my dad has been in law enforcement all of my life. He qualified other leo to carry their weapons. I went to the qualifiers every 6 weeks growing up. I just do not have a good concealable weapon. I will use my head. Hopefully better than I can type on this phone

/ Need concealed handgun recommendations urgently please #25  
I just do not have a good concealable weapon. I will use my head.

Just understand there is no open carry in Texas (last I read) and carrying a concealed weapon without the permit may be a felony...just be advised of that.

/ Need concealed handgun recommendations urgently please #26  
I didn't see this mentioned. But if anything bad were to happen, and your gun comes out for any reason... The fact that u bought it on the way there will look to any jury like u had full intent to cause trouble and harm.

Anything goes wrong... I think u r done.

Friends, and or law enforcement, to accompany u to bring your dad home with u would seem the better choice.

Calling your lawyer, now, to find out if u can get your dad, may be a wise choice, as well.

I hope u and your dad r safe, and that it all goes well for u and him.

If it were that dangerous...I do not think I'd bring my wife...without friends or law enforcement.

/ Need concealed handgun recommendations urgently please #27  
Hizoot? what happened?

James K0UA

/ Need concealed handgun recommendations urgently please #28  
Call the police to do a check on your Dad, tell them what is going on and that he is a retired LEO.

/ Need concealed handgun recommendations urgently please #29  
Given the situation, although we're all curious, I recommend that hizoot become silent on this topic, except, perhaps to let us know he's still out there working to assure his dad is taken care of.. Any details in this open forum could become disadvantageous very quickly. I know we all continue to wish him well, am sure his hands are full at the present time...Also, be aware that it is a complete exhausting day of car travel from his home to see his dad under great weather conditions.

/ Need concealed handgun recommendations urgently please
Everything is ok...Police helped.Trying to get things set up with adult protective services and see to it that he has some sort of visiting nurse care after we get him to a real hospital. He didnt recognize me or my wife...except every once in awhile.I'll post more later . Thanks for ya'lls help!!!