Need concealed handgun recommendations urgently please

/ Need concealed handgun recommendations urgently please #11  
It sounds like the OP is not familar with firearms...and he probably does not a concealled carry permit.
IF I'm correct, I suggest he not carry a firearm...might make a bad situation worse and get him arrested or worse..killed.
IF the persons at his father's house are gang...worse, cartel members, he is not going to be prepared for the situation.

Like it or not, it's his step mother's house now...not his. And those possessions within are his stepmother's. If items are being stolen, it's her responsibility to contact the law enforcement.

It seems to be a sorry situation...but if the situation is as the OP wrote, there isn't much he can do about it. And a handgun probably isn't going to help.

/ Need concealed handgun recommendations urgently please #12  
It sounds like the OP is not familar withfirearm...and he probably does not a concealled carry permit.
IF I'm correct, I suggest he not carry a firearm...might make a bad situation worse and get him arrested or worse..killed.
IF the persons at his father's house are gang...worse, cartel members, he is not going to be prepared for the situation.

Like it or not, it's his step mother's house now...not his. And those possessions within are his stepmother's. If items are being stolen, it's her responsibility to contact the law enforcement.

It seems to be a sorry situation...but if the situation is as the OP wrote, there isn't much he can do about it. And a handgun probably isn't going to help.

Very Sorry situation. If as stated ........ a handgun could only make the situation worse. especially when tensions are very high.

I would see if the cousin would go visit with you!.. Good Luck and I will say a prayer..

/ Need concealed handgun recommendations urgently please #13  
I disagree with Roy regarding the control of the circumstances by the step-mother, and that is why the OP should contact Texas Adult Protective Services. Financial Exploitation of a Vulnerable Adult by a Caretaker is a felony in most states, and probably is in Texas.

I wholly support Roy's advice regarding a concealed carry. It is sound advice.

/ Need concealed handgun recommendations urgently please #14  
Since the OP did write he was contacted by his cousin...and the cousin is an LEO in the town, I am curious why the cousin hasn't done anything (other then call the OP).

/ Need concealed handgun recommendations urgently please #15  
Guns + in Georgetown is a dealer I can recommend. They are small, teach CCL, owner is ex cop, they had a KelTec PF9 last time I was in there.

I'd recommend them as a source of info, both legal and fire arms related. Tell them your situation, might have some ideas.

They are across the street from Georgetown High School...easy to find, less than a mile off of I35, if you get this before you pass thru Georgetown, it'll be about 3 minutes from I35 to their front door.

Phone: 512-547-GUNS(4867)

2302 North Austin Avenue
Georgetown, TX 78626
Open 10am - 6pm Monday - Friday 10am - 4pm Saturday

Best wishes... I understand your concerns, will monitor the thread to see how it goes.

Remember this is NOT A PRIVATE thread, ANYONE can see it and it can/will be used for various purposes by others if it gets attention. ONLY say here what you want ANYONE to see/know. No secrets here.

If you wish and have a weapon to test fire, you may come by my ranch, just 1 mile off I35, 1 mile south of Jarrell, cost is right, Phone me 512-554-4170 for directions.

/ Need concealed handgun recommendations urgently please #16  
I had to go back and read the OP. I see no where that his intentions are anything other than to do a visit to see with his own eyes the situation and then go from there. No one is recommending he do anything other than to take the same steps most of us do on a routine basis.

I agree, all actions should be done through local authorities as mentioned by other posters.

Agree completely with TEXASJOHN's last thread as to what is posted on an open forum.

/ Need concealed handgun recommendations urgently please #17  
Cousin would be on shaky legal ground to independently take action. This is as deep South Texas as it gets. Factors you think of and others you don't know/understand are at play here.

The OP knows more than he's saying. He strikes me as a level head who carefully considers his options and wants to be prepared.

Remember, even with a CCL, you are permitted ONLY to defend yourself/others, when faced with immediate deadly threat. That is, the threat must appear and you must become convinced it is immediate and deadly BEFORE you can protect yourself/others in Texas. Everything I've seen the OP say indicates to me that he understands this.

The advice given by myself and others to take a LEO with him is good. Likely he will follow it if possible.

But, sometimes, it's not always possible to stack the deck the way you would like to have it.

/ Need concealed handgun recommendations urgently please #18  
It sounds like the OP is not familar with firearms...and he probably does not a concealled carry permit.

Yes to all of the above.

The OP needs to know the law and have the law on his side. A camera to record the condition of the house and father is important but whipping out a camera could make things interesting. These circumstances are very difficult and I have seen them in our distant family. Thankfully very distant family and no violence per say but certainly abuse. The wife may be a victim as well.

This type of situation just stinks but don't make it worse.

Later,
Dan

/ Need concealed handgun recommendations urgently please #20  
In my opinion, the fact that there might be drugs and/or gang members with illegal weapons in the house about trumps anything. Regardless of whether the father or step-mother is able to make decisions has very little to do with the illegal activities. The fact that Hizoot is a family member and can request law enforcement get involved seems to be the best approach. Certainly, when his father married his current wife, she is given authority to do most anything except abuse her mentally challenged husband. That authority does not extend to drugs and gang activities. The DEA, Border Patrol, and local law enforcement need to come to his aid. If they step in and investigate suspicious activity, their descriptions of what they find and the situation will be far better than any family members or friends. I WOULD NOT go into this situation blindly or ask other friends or family members to accompany me into a tense confrontation. A surprise would certainly escalate the situation. If the cousin is privy to illegal activities, he can help by giving the proper law enforcement the details of what he knows. A knock at the door by a stranger could bring a hail of gunfire as a response. They'll all say that they thought Hizoot was trying to rob them and responded to protect themselves. Of course, they'll say that after removing all their drugs and weapons and leave only his body lying on the front porch with a gun in his pocket. This is scenario I see happening. I hope it's not true. I think Hizoot needs to call his father and tell him he is coming for a visit, and then proceed with a plan that includes full backup if possible.