Has anyone else here recieved this survey letter?

/ Has anyone else here recieved this survey letter?
Actually I suspect whe he started introducing the cats as his children he was disqualified...

David

You guys here are funnier than that comedy website will ever be...:laughing:

/ Has anyone else here recieved this survey letter? #42  
To the OP: Yes, we just went through this. We don't pay much attention to the mail other than the bills and didn't give much regard to the letter. One day, while getting ready to drop the red potatoes into my low country boil and with the Carolina game fixin' to start in 30 minutes, a lady pulls up in my drive (pretty unusual for anyone to pull up in my drive). She approached me and showed me her credentials and talked about this letter we received a little while ago and had a copy of it. She was prepared to collect the survey on the spot. I told her as my pot was boiling over that this wasn't a good time. Wife came to the door at the curiosity of someone talking to me on the patio and an unknown car in the driveway. She explained the survery to us and said she could make an appointment. My wife asked if we had to do this govt survey (she was actually from CDC branch). She said no, but that the way the selection process works, that we represented 1,200 households and that if we didn't do it, they would have skewed data. She could not tell us how long the survey would take, it would depend on our answers as we proceeded. We did have her make an appointment for 2 weeks later, which was still within her deadline. She did the survey. It took a little over two hours and mostly pertained to healthcare of us and our children, immunization, availability of health services and facilities, etc, and insurance coverage etc. Other than wasting two hours of our lives it was painless. You can choose not to provide answers to questions that you don't want to answer and we did not find any offensive to not answer other than I didn't want the govt sharing personal info about our children so we did not give them the socials or permission to contact their pediatricians or primary care physicians for follow-up questions. I'm only a little paranoid and when I am, it is when it pertains to my kids. While the letter did say something about $30, we never did receive it.

/ Has anyone else here recieved this survey letter? #43  
Well, well, well....the RTI interviewer was here a few minutes ago and I spent two minutes answering basic information on the screening questions for her that she entered into a handheld computer. Appears I am not going to be chosen for an interview...darn, I already blew the $30 on a case of premium beer. :laughing: The questions were about my age, # of people residing at this address, and a few more basic queries.
JDyou buying your beer wrong place $30 is 2 cases where i live good quality beer:drink:

tractorshopper: The letter I received in the mail plus the introductory letter the interviewer gave me both stated $30 would be paid in cash to any individual who completes the interview. To me cash is FOLDING GREEN MONEY, not a check.

And sam5570, thanks to the deposit law and the sky-high alcohol prices here in Michigan, our beer is quite costly. I recently paid $20.74 for a 24 pack of Miller cans with tax and deposit. Or perhaps you are thinking a case is 12 beers? To me a case is 24.

/ Has anyone else here recieved this survey letter? #45  
It's interesting, the AG survey that we receive every year that I mentioned carry's a $100 fine for not completing it. Like I said, I have no issue with it because I know it helps with grants, and the work that they do and we are glad to do it. They also protect your data under federal law, and they can not use it for taxation, or regulation. We haven't received the survey from the US HHS, but I am always worried about anything that promises money for participation. It may be the difference between a study, and an annual survey?

This is what the USDA survey states:

7 USC ァ 2204g - Authority of Secretary of Agriculture to conduct census of agriculture

(2) Refusal or neglect to answer questions
A person over 18 years of age who refuses or willfully neglects to answer a question, which is authorized by the Secretary to be submitted to the person in connection with a census under this section, shall be fined not more than $100.

Last edited:
   / Has anyone else here recieved this survey letter? #46  
Crap!!! I opened ours the other day and don't know what I did with it!!! I hope my wife has. She always hides stuff. If it was up to me me I would know we're everything is: in floorboard of my truck or beside my chair( really important stuff) :)

Hey guys...this is my ex-wife's "filing system" which is right smack in the middle of our kitchen. She let her mail build up for months...talk about a big time pack rat, she kept her income tax returns and receipts foing back to 1971 !!!

Attachments

• 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    1,010.1 KB · Views: 63
   / Has anyone else here recieved this survey letter? #50  
Hey guys...this is my ex-wife's "filing system" which is right smack in the middle of our kitchen. She let her mail build up for months...talk about a big time pack rat, she kept her income tax returns and receipts foing back to 1971 !!!

OUCH! And I thought my wifey was messy....

GOOD beer here is $1+ per bottle. :mad: I started buying cheaper beer once 12 and 24 packs got to $7.50/$15. :( Need to go brew some beer but I have not had time....

Later,
Dan