Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Katrinaville LA west of Westwego east of Ama south of River Ridge north of Boutte, above sea level
    Tractor
    Yanmar 1802, Kubota L4400

Default Where's the beef? er.....chicken

OK, it's a tractor forum, but we have to eat too so, the Wendy's commercial for their new Flatbread Grilled Chicken sandwich made it look so good that I had to go try one yesterday. I ordered the Asiago Flatbread sandwich that comes with healthy grilled chicken and unhealthy bacon to even things out.

When I got home I quickly took two large bites and never tasted any chicken or bacon so I opened it up and looked inside. It sure didn't look anything like the photo in their commercials. One small slice of bacon and a piece of chicken that didn't even cover half the bread. I wonder if all Wendys make them like this or if I just have a rotten Wendys in my town.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -flatbread-jpg   -myflatbread-jpg  
    Happy Trails!
    Dudley

Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles east and right by the big oak tree then to the creek.

Default Re: Where's the beef? er.....chicken

Dudley...Gee, that is not even close...I would be tempted to buy too based on their photo ad but seeing what you actually got...I'm sure you were really disappointed...Why not take the photos in to the store manager...I mean that is irritating to get all the way home and find out you were ripped off...
    Bob

WORRYING does not take away tomorrow's TROUBLES, it takes away today's PEACE.

NH - TC-29 , FEL, Bush hog, Bush hog brand finishing mower, Post hole digger, 6' Back blade, sub-soiler, Pallet forks, 20KW PTO Generator , 21 hp Murray Mower
    JD -3020 with FEL and a 16 HP. K-Grow Lawn Tractor (bought from K Mart 1994) and runs great !
    Clark 130 EN Mig Welder

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

I would throw it in the freezer and take it back the next time you are in town...

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Tractor
    New Holland TC40

That's pretty sad. Nobody's sandwiches look like the ad pics, but that is ridiculous.

Maybe next time ask for a flatbread sandwich ... and hold the flat .
    "Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end ..."
    When there is a huge solar energy spill, it is called a "nice day"!

Katrinaville LA west of Westwego east of Ama south of River Ridge north of Boutte, above sea level
    Tractor
    Yanmar 1802, Kubota L4400

I contacted Wendy's on their web site with my complaint. I'm waiting for their answer now.
    Happy Trails!
    Dudley

I tried one of their new fish sandwiches and it was pretty decent...usually I go for a burger because I think Wendy's makes the best of the drive-thru joints...

I used to like SubWay sandwiches (BMT)...but I have not been back since I learned ALL their meat is "made" from turkey
    Slash Pine
    blunt and succinct but sincere...in the immortal words of Popeye..."I yam what I yam"

Tractor
    ShovelandBarrow

Well, that certainly explains the "delicious" philly cheesesteak I got from Subway a while back...yuck.

And yeah, Dudley, you definitely got hosed on that sandwich.
    ____
    Jay

Tractor
    John Deere 790, 420, 314, "L/60" Custom & 70 I

I've only tried Wendy's three times over several years (& different stores), never was impressed!

Wife & I stopped by a Dairy Queen for "double cheeseburgers" a few years ago, only found one small burger! We took them back to the counter & complained, shift manager did find the second burger underneath. They tasted stale! Looked at the grill, it was full, with few customers, they were cooking them for the next day, apparently! When we got home, I tried to find a way to report the problem on the DQ web sight, but couldn't! We only get ice cream at that DQ from then on! ~~ grnspot

Tractor
    JD 4300, JD X500

Quote Originally Posted by tallyho8 View Post
    Wendy's Flatbread Grilled Chicken
    I tasted one of those couple weeks ago because they look so good. Big disappointment, taste was awful and that's the bottomline. After one bite threw the rest into the trash. Will never buy another one! On the other hand their Spicey Chicken sandwiches and Chocolate Frostys are addictive.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

Quote Originally Posted by rekees4300 View Post
    I tasted one of those couple weeks ago because they look so good. Big disappointment, taste was awful and that's the bottomline. After one bite threw the rest into the trash. Will never buy another one! On the other hand their Spicey Chicken sandwiches and Chocolate Frostys are addictive.
    My wife started me dipping fries in a chocolate frosty... Quite yummy.

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast