Mom's Wood Pile Stolen...

/ Mom's Wood Pile Stolen... #11  
That or drill a big hole in a few pieces, fill with black powder, plug hole and hide in pile, just remember which ones in case they don't get stolen !

/ Mom's Wood Pile Stolen... #12  
Call the local news station or paper-good story,and way better chance of catching the thief,People get away with stealing because nobody knows.Think about who knew it was there-probably some neighbor.Stealing from your mom was just lower than low.

I like this idea best.

/ Mom's Wood Pile Stolen... #13  
That or drill a big hole in a few pieces, fill with black powder, plug hole and hide in pile, just remember which ones in case they don't get stolen !
I wouldn't recommend the black powder trick. If someone is injured, you might be sued for setting a booby trap. I'm reminded of the crook who broke into someone's house, got hurt, sued the owner, and won.

Last edited:
   / Mom's Wood Pile Stolen... #14  
How infuriating. Makes me want to do bad things to the crooks! I agree about the local news outlets. Perhaps a game camera for security is in order?

/ Mom's Wood Pile Stolen... #15  
There is a special way thieves who steal from the elderly will spend eternity. Unfortunately they usually don't get there soon enough!

/ Mom's Wood Pile Stolen... #16  
Hard to believe the cops won't come out, they certainly would here. The game camera sounds like a good idea if she has anything else they might want to steal. The police administration is being shortsighted in not investigating and prosecuting smaller crimes like this as proven in NYC when the police and administration started enforcing the law against minor crimes is when the overall major crime rate went down. Minor crime leads to major crime. All criminals start small, get away with it and work on up. Like the rest of you, I certainly think this was a disgusting lowlife crime perpetuated on an elder, and would certainly like to hear these scumbags were caught and prosecuted.

James K0UA

/ Mom's Wood Pile Stolen...
She always had the wood pile close to the house until the fire inspector told her she had to move it farther away and it also couldn't be next to or under a tree... basically it just has to be out in the open and that is what we did.

That meant putting it on a down-slope where it is not visible from the house...

I put some heavy duty wheels on a store merchandising rack I had laying around and filled it with wood yesterday.

It's only 18" deep, 8' wide and 5' high. Actually rolls pretty good on the cement patio.

My thinking is with wheels we can move it if the inspector has a problem...

/ Mom's Wood Pile Stolen... #18  
The cops won't show up until there is an issue and a shooting . That is where we are today ,

/ Mom's Wood Pile Stolen... #19  
WOW. What scumbags. That's just awful.

Chad

/ Mom's Wood Pile Stolen...
The cops won't show up until there is an issue and a shooting . That is where we are today ,

Pretty close to the truth... there are a few other cases that get immediate response too... like animal cruelty.