Mom's Wood Pile Stolen...

/ Mom's Wood Pile Stolen... #31  
While it sounds good, this in in the San Francisco/Oakland Bay Area.

He would wind up with a story on the news about how Ultrarunner's Mom was storing the wood to make a fire with bad pollution and smoke and ickiness. And, they would highlight that he cut down these beautiful trees and how bad he must be because he used a super polluting gas chainsaw.

Even if the news put a spin on the story like you mention, His Mom would wind up with super eco greenies picketing in her driveway because the trees were cut down, she was going to make pollution etc.

Call the local news station or paper-good story,and way better chance of catching the thief,People get away with stealing because nobody knows.Think about who knew it was there-probably some neighbor.Stealing from your mom was just lower than low.

/ Mom's Wood Pile Stolen... #32  
While it sounds good, this in in the San Francisco/Oakland Bay Area.

He would wind up with a story on the news about how Ultrarunner's Mom was storing the wood to make a fire with bad pollution and smoke and ickiness. And, they would highlight that he cut down these beautiful trees and how bad he must be because he used a super polluting gas chainsaw.

Even if the news put a spin on the story like you mention, His Mom would wind up with super eco greenies picketing in her driveway because the trees were cut down, she was going to make pollution etc.

OUCH!

/ Mom's Wood Pile Stolen... #33  
I just came across this thread and have to say that it surprised me. Knowing the area, I find it interesting how those not from there don't understand how much crime is there. How many people are killed that don't make the news because there is so many other bad things going on, or it's PC not to mention it. I've moved to an area of the country where if a gas station gets robbed, it's top of the hour news. If a school bus breaks down, it's broadcast over the radio as big news.

Sorry that she had to go through that. Hopefully it was a one time thing, but it seems that once a crook gets away with it one time, it's just a matter of time until they come back again. Does she have an alarm on the house?

Eddie

/ Mom's Wood Pile Stolen...
Hey Eddie...

No alarm other than her trusty Australian Shepherd... Her lot is sloped away from the house with a long set of stairs down the hill... the wood pile was in the far corner out of sight.

You are right about violence... it's getting worse.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking...ritical-condition-after-east-oakland-shooting

The thing that is so hard to understand is I know a lot of people in Oakland and none of us have any problems with neighbors... and this is for people living in many parts of the city... it is also not a racial thing per say.

One of the office ladies that works for a Doctor in my building had Monday morning off because her daughter was graduating Kindergarten and they had a school reception.

She was just heading out to work and her husband told her to wait a minute... a car with some shady guys had just stopped in front of their driveway... they looked out a window and saw a guy get out and pull a hood over his head and walk to the corner... then they heard 3 shots and the guy came running back to the car and it sped off...

The 55 year old neighbor was washing his car in the driveway and the guy tried to rob him and shot him... at 11 in the morning... my friend called 911 and ran to the man who was bleeding from the stomach... he kept saying why in Spanish and saying he didn't have any money so they shot him... he died later that day.

I know the neighborhood... lots of hardworking mostly Spanish and Asian speaking families...

Two nights before, another lady that I work with heard shots and two people were shot and one died across the street from her house...

It is not just here... it is happening all over the Bay Area crime is spiking.

The ironic thing is the criminals don't even live in the cities they prey on... they come in thinking easy pickings on immigrants.

Now my city wants to enact the strictest gun laws in the country... all semi automatic hand guns must be registered and every owner must take a yearly training class... the people with the guns doing the crimes don't live here.

Last edited:
   / Mom's Wood Pile Stolen... #35  
The area I use to live in was considered high crime for auto theft, why, because that's where all the good cars were. It wasn't the neighborhood kids stealing the cars for a joy ride they were stolen and striped for parts.