How much to charge to trim trees?

/ How much to charge to trim trees? #1  

Bob77064

Elite Member
Tractor
2011 LS R3039
A homeowner has asked me to cut some big high dead branches off two pine trees. Most of the cutting would be done with a manual pole saw, I estimate about four days work. The city he lives in will pick up the branches that are cut off. What is a fair price for this kind of work?

/ How much to charge to trim trees? #2  
A) What's the most he's willing to pay?
B) What's the least you're willing to work for?
If A<B, no deal. If A>B, somewhere between the two.
You know what B is, you just need to find A (without revealing B).

As far as real $numbers, I have no idea. Is there climbing involved, power lines,, nearby buildings, how tall? Too many factors. Getting a quote from a pro may be a good starting point (though that will ****-off the contractors here who rightfully resent their time being wasted).
But note: A pro is not just selling their services, their also selling / accepting liability. Are you? Is this part of your price?

/ How much to charge to trim trees?
He would not make an offer, he wants me to give him a price. I am one man doing some work not a pro.

/ How much to charge to trim trees?
Good advice thank you.

/ How much to charge to trim trees? #6  
Easiest way for a Joe Homeowner to save $$$ on contractor hires is to find somebody not burdened with insurance premiums. Usually it works, but when it doesn't it sucks for everybody.

/ How much to charge to trim trees? #7  
This home owner must be an idiot. If you get hurt he is liable, insurance companies frown on this type of thing.

/ How much to charge to trim trees? #8  
Ehh, homeowner just wants to get it done cheaply, OP wants to make some money. There's risks in all endeavors.

/ How much to charge to trim trees? #10  
$2,000-4,000

I had a huge cottonwood taken down, so close to my house that it had to be done a piece at at time. It took the guy 3 days, and he took care of the wood, all except the stump (which Sharn Jean wanted for some unknown reason). It was probably 80 foot tall, and probably 36 inches or more in diameter. Cost me $1400.00...and I considered that cheap; some estimates were twice that.