Bought a Stihl 36 Pro (WOW!!!)

/ Bought a Stihl 36 Pro (WOW!!!) #1  

Old_Hickory

Platinum Member
I replaced my Stihl 026 Pro,with a new Stihl 36 PRO (3/8 chain 18" bar)
What a chain saw,talk about power and the wood chips flying.I always thought my O26 PRO was a great saw. The 36 PRO </font><font color="blue" class="small">( REALLY )</font> rocks. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Bought a Stihl 36 Pro (WOW!!!) #2  
Know what you mean. I went with a new o36 pro, 20in bar and it makes quick work of my firewood chores. I like a big saw as I feel that they are safer. They don't seem to kick back as easy and make you hang on to them. I can run mine all day and it don't make my arms feel like they are going to vibrate off. works good for limbing as well as the big stuff.
leaddog /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Bought a Stihl 36 Pro (WOW!!!) #3  
That's a wonderful saw. I've had mine for a few years now and just beat the tar out of it. It hasn't failed me at all. You'll enjoy it.

/ Bought a Stihl 36 Pro (WOW!!!) #4  
Darn.

I was using my oh two six yesterday and thinking it was the finest thing since sliced raisin bread. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

congrats you lucky dawg.

/ Bought a Stihl 36 Pro (WOW!!!) #5  
Old Hickory,

Just don't forget new chains.

I was working my 046 this weekend and it was time to put on a
new chain.

Ahhh, a new chain. Cutting through oak like a hot knife in warm
butter! :cool:

I was cutting up a hickory, sorry to do that to you, the prior
weekend with the old chain, and it was slow. 8-( New chain
and away we go! :cool:

Later,
Dan

/ Bought a Stihl 36 Pro (WOW!!!) #6  
I have the MS 360 pro. Is this the same saw? I replaced a Poulan Wild Thing (house warming gift) with this Stihl.

The Poulan was like cutting a knife with butter.

I wish it was a lil lighter. With full fuel and oil, we're over 14 lbs. It gets a lil old sluggin that thing around after a coupla hours. Couldn't part with the extra cash for the saw all day models unfortunately.

Generally, it's a great saw. Works much better than the owner! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Bought a Stihl 36 Pro (WOW!!!)
The 026 is a </font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="blue"> FINE </font> )</font> saw,the reason I stepped up in size I had a small disaster happen in the woods and needed a new saw(right now),The 36 was the next PRO size up in stock the dealer was sold out of the 026 models and I wanted to stay with the PRO line of Stihls,I have plenty of friends running the 026 saws and I will part the old 026's out to my friends.
I always thought the 026 was the best thing since sliced bread,but I never had a 036 in my hands until the other day.
I have 2 new chains and I will get a few more,a good sharp chain is all the difference in the World as well.( I always run the aggressive chains,not the low kickback)
I have a Stihl FS 88 brush cutter I have ran for years and never replaced the spark plug until this year. The Stihl products always start easy for me,hot or cold.Vibration is low on the Stihl products.I always get good sevice at my Stihl shop and parts avalibility has always been good.
I rember as a boy running my fathers Homelite Zip,I could set the saw down after running it and my hands still felt like the saw was in them 2 hours later from the vibration clear up to my shoulders.

/ Bought a Stihl 36 Pro (WOW!!!) #9  
Old_Hickory:
Only just switched to Stihl last year. Nice equipment. Have you tried their pole saw? Really spiffy. Let's you prune 10'-12'+ up while standing on the ground. Also bought one of their 460 cut off saws to replace (supplement) a Bosch I had been using to cut granite. The 460 goes through ashpalt/concrete etc real quick. Don't know how long their stuff holds up, but their equipment sure looks good.
JEH