Bought a Stihl 36 Pro (WOW!!!)

/ Bought a Stihl 36 Pro (WOW!!!) #11  
I finally got one of their pole saws after thinking about it for a few years. It's probably my most used non-tractor tool now.

/ Bought a Stihl 36 Pro (WOW!!!) #12  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Don't know how long their stuff holds up, but their equipment sure looks good )</font>

Not long at all /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Rumor has it that their stuff turns to junk real quick if you happen to run over it with a full sized industrial backhoe's rear tire. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Seems they ought to better design their saws to handle real world applications if you ask me.

Oh...uh... and don't ask me how I happen to know about the above comment... it's not a rumor...it's a fact /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I think it cost me under $200 to fix the pancake, needed a new handle, bar, side case (with pull rope)

So now we at least know ONE test they (mine at least) will fail miserably. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Beyond that, it's been indestructable (044).

/ Bought a Stihl 36 Pro (WOW!!!) #13  
I've got acres of spruce which were planted way too close about 40 years ago. I want to start thinning them but the branches are so tight I can hardly get to the trees. I was thinking a pole saw to reach in and trim branches till I can get up close enough to use a chainsaw. After owning and using one, does it sound feasible?

/ Bought a Stihl 36 Pro (WOW!!!) #14  
Don't feel bad I have two other stories on losing Stihls. My one friend was building a pond. He set his dad's brand new Stihl on the cat track during a break. Then he got on the cat and proceeded to back up and sure enough ran right over the saw!! It was flat too. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

My other friend just bought a brand new Stihl MS 660. This is the big saw for logging. They had just finished a load and he was headed to lunch. He put his saw on the tailgate with his old one and then went back to tighten down the load on the truck. He came back and forgot to put the tailgate up and took off. Sure enough the brand new chainsaw fell off on the road somewhere. He got home, about 10 miles and realized it and sped back right away. Somebody had already picked it up. He filed a police report but nobody turned it in. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Bought a Stihl 36 Pro (WOW!!!) #15  
Absolutely feasible! I use my Stihl all the time to cut away the low branches that block your way. Eventually you can get close enough to get at the trunk comfortably. In fact if the trunk is less than a foot in diameter, I'll just continue to use the pole saw to take it down -- a little slower, but feels a bit safer. Get an extra chain and keep one sharp since the pole saw has less HP than a regular chain saw, it helps to have a really sharp chain.

/ Bought a Stihl 36 Pro (WOW!!!) #16  
Good. Glad. Thanks. I had myself pretty much talked into one anyways, now it's a done deal.

/ Bought a Stihl 36 Pro (WOW!!!)
<font color="blueclass=small">( <font color="blue"> Somebody had already picked it up. </font>

<font color="black"> Thats a low life scumbag that would steal. I have 0 tolerance for thieves. </font>

/ Bought a Stihl 36 Pro (WOW!!!) #18  
Yea it was a pretty bad deal hickory. These people work very hard and buying that saw wasn't chump change for them. He couldn't afford to go get another one so now he was back to using his 10 year old one. Really pretty sad. He said it coudln't have been more than five or ten minutes before he went back along the whole road. You would have thought someone could have at least waited a few minutes to see if anyone came back for it.

/ Bought a Stihl 36 Pro (WOW!!!) #19  
To move up that much size you definitely would be able to feel the difference. You were smart to spend the money to go for the pro saw as there is such a difference in performance. Many people come in raving about a saw model and comparing it to the home owners model that they feel is a dog! Don't buy on price as most times you will always regret it for the performance.

/ Bought a Stihl 36 Pro (WOW!!!) #20  
Try a MS440 magnum with a 24" bar, then drop back to a 16" and hold on.