Early onset curmudgeon syndrome

/ Early onset curmudgeon syndrome #1  

Taylortractornut

Elite Member
Tractor
3550 Fard Backhoe and a 1948 Farmall Cub,
Guys I'm I the early stages of early onset curmudgeon syndrome as a friend put it yesterday. I've noticed the last year or so I'm getting more grumpy as time goes on. Wether dealing with employees or vendors and people in general especially younger people and BSers.

A few months ago I totaled my 02 Jeep Cherokee and have been looking for another for a backup 4x4. I saw 3 on a lot. I pulled in and looked I'm really set in my ways on a jeep. I want 4wheel drive and an inline six. I'm out looking at them and the first one is a 2wd the next one is what I want mileage price 4x4 and engine. The third was a lifted V8. Little sales guy comes out some young punk that keeps calling me bruh. I tell him I want to drive the 02 in the middle. He starts in telling me I need to spend the 1200 more on the v8 I explained it wasn't what I was wanted.

He persisted and brought the keys to the lifted one still telling me it's lifted. I feel a Fred G Sanford and Archie Bunker episode coming on. Tell him again that I didn't want that one that the lift and the v8 wasn't what I wanted. He proceeded to push the fact that it had a Rough Country lift on it. As we were getting back in my truck to leave. About the the 4th time he's said but it's got Rough Country on it out of nowhere I barked out that was your moms nickname in high school.

I've just noticed sometimes my patients gets thin sometimes like when I'm explaining something and the vendor try's to sell me something I don't need or want.

/ Early onset curmudgeon syndrome #2  
Did you seriously pass on a V8 Jeep with the fabled Rough Country lift?

Are you insane?

That was pretty funny. I would have walked on that kid as well, your comeback was golden.

/ Early onset curmudgeon syndrome #3  
I think I,m getting that disease as well. The older I get, the less patience I have with stupidity.
And there seems to be more and more of it.

/ Early onset curmudgeon syndrome #4  
"GET OFF MY LAWN":laughing:

/ Early onset curmudgeon syndrome #5  
I doubt I would have lasted as long as you did with the idiot child "salesman". He knows nothing about making sales and closing prospects. He could use a good "wearing out" with a peach tree limb until he learns better.

/ Early onset curmudgeon syndrome #6  
Mine is the older I get the dumber the younger generation gets.

/ Early onset curmudgeon syndrome #7  
So now we have a new acronym ...... EOCS! I like it!!

/ Early onset curmudgeon syndrome #8  
I've learned the less BS and fewer stupid people I put up with the easier my life is and it gets better by the day.

/ Early onset curmudgeon syndrome #9  
I've learned the less BS and fewer stupid people I put up with the easier my life is and it gets better by the day.

Exactly. Life is too short to suffer fools.

/ Early onset curmudgeon syndrome #10  
Local Ford dealer was running one of the "sucker' deals, "match this number" type crap. I though I would stop by just to see whawt the scam was and price out a new Ford Taurus. Dressed in my usual clean work cloths blue jeans rather ragged and stained T-shirt. Couple salemen spotted me and latched on, started touting a full loaded big ford car used. Didn't take me long to spot what they were after, assume an upside down repoed loan. Playded alont a bit, even test drove the POS. They ran my credit score the whole thing. After wastin almost an hour of their time, got down to pressing to filling out he paper work.sign on the dotted line. I said no, asked for the keys to my car, ecuse Joe Blow has them. After two more attempts to get my keys I explained that I was NOT INTERESTED in a new car, that if I bought it would be cash. They laughed. UPulled out my checkbook and showed them the balance, some $18,000 that day. Asked again for the keys. No keys. Very loudly in a room full of salesmen talking to custimers i said 'BIVE ME MY KEYS!" Dead silence fell over the room and the keys magically appeared. I was about to call 911 and have them arrested for kidnapping.

Yes, one can do that.

Sorry but