Working near the border

/ Working near the border #11  
My argument with a liberal friend is he says they're coming here for a better life which I understand. But my argument is do it legally. They know what they're doing is illegal, so what does that say about their character? Just because my neighbor has something I want I don't have a right to take it.
Last year we drove around the Texas border, drove over into Mexico a few places. Once you get away from tourist areas it's rough. Think how much it costs us taxpayers! We saw busloads of illegals being taken back across.
I have compassion, but imagine letting illegals move into your house!
My ancestors were not Native American's, but they came to America legally. We need a wall and merit based system, entry by legal means, people with a skill or trade.
What's funny is most things here are written in two languages, go to Mexico and I ask "yo habla ingles?"...they say "muy poquito"(My Spanish is poor...50 years ago). But they don't have the same translation.
I'm 100% with you on this!

Our country NEEDS borders, come in legally or don't come in!

SR

/ Working near the border #12  
I have a brother in law who came in legally from Venezuela, did all the paperwork necessary to get a permanent work visa which was about 2" thick of documents. His mother (who was a US naturalized citizen) originally sponsored him but she died before the process was completed. His sister then sponsored him which required reissuing of all the paperwork. The processing paperwork shifted from Fort Smith to Chicago and much of it was lost resulting in more paperwork needing to be sent. Even with all the necessary documents, which was considerable, the process took over a year to complete. All this time, he wasn't allowed to leave the country or his paperwork would be voided and wasn't allowed to work anywhere. He was completely supported by his sisters (which means me and other brother in law)all this time. Finally after over 12 months, the visa was approved for him and he could go back to Venezuela to visit his wife and family.

I can see why most folks don't even try to get here legally. They just don't have the money or support necessary to do it.
I am not a proponent of illegal immigration by no means, but I can certainly sympathize with their situation.

/ Working near the border #13  
I don't care if they are ninety or nine days old. If they are here illegally - send them home.

/ Working near the border #14  
I don't care if they are ninety or nine days old. If they are here illegally - send them home.

Let's see you pick that baby up, hold it in your arms, and take it back to the 3rd world country where it came from and drop it off in a slum. Don't pay some government employee to do the dirty work. You do it personally. Come on. It's easy. Do it. It has to be done, so you might as well be the one to do it, right?

/ Working near the border #15  
That looks like a well beaten path, is someone mowing it?

/ Working near the border #16  
Moss - gotta admit - I've never sent illegals home. However - in 1969 I was responsible for the removal and transportation of 139 legal US citizens from within the jurisdiction of the Municipality of Anchorage. Men, women and children - all their tents, camping gear etc, etc. Loaded on an open Sealand barge and towed right back to California - where they came from. As Director of Environmental Health for the Municipality of Anchorage - the entire motley lot were declared an imminent health hazard and potential risk to the community.

The only thing I regretted - the community had to foot the bill for their barge ride back to California.

I did not create this situation - it was my job/responsibility to fix/correct this condition. I did just that.

/ Working near the border #17  

Let's see you pick that baby up, hold it in your arms, and take it back to the 3rd world country where it came from and drop it off in a slum. Don't pay some government employee to do the dirty work. You do it personally. Come on. It's easy. Do it. It has to be done, so you might as well be the one to do it, right?

We all knew it would come to this. Oosik says what we think, Moss said how we feel. What happens when you sneak into N Korea? Canada, Mexico, just about any country has laws against illegally entering. For every choice there is a codequence, some are positive some negative. We cannot be accountable for everyone痴 actions. Children are the universal heart string puller because they are generally innocent. They come here and become our burden vs their home country. We need to take care of America first, then everyone else. I get wanting a better life but hurting ours isn稚 the best answer

Brett

/ Working near the border #19  

I'll do it if I get paid.

/ Working near the border #20  
I would not support illegal immigration, but saying to do it legally is a bit absurd. For the numbers that seek immigration, they would stand a better chance buying a lottery ticket. From what I understand.

As far as the baby goes. I sure do wish that people that can't afford to have a baby, wouldn't. It too often becomes someone ELSES responsibility, and quite frankly it seems that other people often seem to care more (for the baby) than the parents.