Texan's view of the world

/ Texan's view of the world #51  
Re: Texan\'s view of the world

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( First off, you see the commas? Well, they are used to divide the sentence. )</font>
Did you not see the little grinning instant faces meaning it was a rub. I was just pulling your chain a little, it was meant in jest and in the spirit of fun. Written words cannot convey the meaning in which one replies.
Gator Dude, chill!

/ Texan's view of the world #52  

Hey, Dozernut, didn't you notice my emocicons too? LOL
Anyway, that was me, not Gato Dude. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

You are correct though, sometimes it can be kind of difficult to read someone's intended message, even with instant faces.
(laughing)

Okay, if we're through picking on Texans, maybe we can move onto the subject of this crazy weather. Yesterday I was wearing shorts, this morning I had to dig my Winter clothes back out of the closet. Of course on Galveston Island, cold is considered anything below 60 degrees. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Texan's view of the world #53  

Peoples Republic of Kalifornia.

Worst of the "social" states BY FAR.

Fighting words maybe, but a fact /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Texan's view of the world #54  

Carl, our weather other then a very wet Dec 31st has been apparently the only "typical" weather in the US. We just got 2 feet of snow in the Sierra Mountains so I'm off on Thursday with the Ol highschool friends for poker and skiing. Its a ritual we still do since 1975.

/ Texan's view of the world #55  

I've lived here my whole life (except for the 6 years I lived in Texas) thinking New York was part of New England. I guess while in Texas, I knew better. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Texan's view of the world #56  

Maryland, along with all other states have unique features, just like Texas. You are kinda making my point for me here.
I never hear people from say, Delaware bragging to everyone that will listen about being the first state. Or, people from New York having the biggest city.
I guess the painful truth is because no one really cares, other than the people that live in that particular state.
Did you know that Maryland is the soft shell capital of the world and has one of the largest man made lakes? No, I really don't care either but it is true.

/ Texan's view of the world #57  

<font color="blue"> "For the Texan's who wanted to put the Lone Star Flag on the..." </font>

Just found this thread. (It takes forever to catch up when you get a couple of weeks behind!)

Thanks Hazmat for the permission!

Attachments

• 809688-textotum.jpg
    809688-textotum.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 103
   / Texan's view of the world #58  

Apparently its bred into us. Anecdote: My son was about 3. We were at the In-Laws in New Mexico for July 4th. My wife's Grandma (From Colorado) is explaining the holiday to my son. She says "And that is why you are an American, did you know you were from America?"
My boy (bless his heart) balls his little fists up,straightens up to his full height (10ft and bulletproof), and tells her point blank " No I'm not, I'm from Texas!"
And really, it was spontaneous... I did not coach him on that /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Texan's view of the world #59  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Maryland has one of the largest man made lakes. )</font>

Yeah, I read about that lake.
Of course we'd call that a pond in Texas. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif (chuckling)

/ Texan's view of the world #60  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I don't ever hear Iowans declaring their state as the superior state. I'm sure they like it there however. )</font>

We like it here just fine, I guess we were just raised a bit more modest then others. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I've been to Ft Worth about half-a-dozen times and enjoyed it for the most part. Nice, friendly people and community. I will say one thing though, Iowa corn fed beef is superior to the steaks I was fed in Texas, including the much touted Cattleman's Club.