Global Warming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Global Warming? #2,341  
But Mitt Romney just told me it was getting warmer........ If I have to pick between his:wizard: opinion and yours:clown: well.
Sorry brin, he's got credentials.......
The commie pinkos are with the long haired hippies:laughing::laughing: in NEW YORK CITY . There ain't none in Georgia.......OK uhhh......maybe Plains Georgia....but he's helpin out.

/ Global Warming? #2,343  
That article has a picture of big smokestack looking things, and claims:
"Damage: Global warming has been caused in part by the CO2 emitted by fossil fuels. This image shows smoke billowing out of a power station"

It was not smoke billowing, but water vapor from cooling towers, worse than CO2 for global warming, but presumably it came from normal water, not fossil water. :)

When I was with the Health Department, we were trained to "read" smoke "opacity" in percentage. Anything over 20 % was a violation of law. I agree that what you are seeing is probably water vapor, with the possible exception of some of the material coming out of the two tall and slender stacks to the far left. Steam will usually dissipate rather rapidly, leaving the sky clear. Particulate matter will remain.

/ Global Warming? #2,344  
That article has a picture of big smokestack looking things, and claims:
"Damage: Global warming has been caused in part by the CO2 emitted by fossil fuels. This image shows smoke billowing out of a power station"

It was not smoke billowing, but water vapor from cooling towers, worse than CO2 for global warming, but presumably it came from normal water, not fossil water. :)

There are two exhaust stacks in the picture.:D

/ Global Warming? #2,345  
article-2217286-0069FE7100000258-900_634x821.jpg
There are two exhaust stacks in the picture.:D

I think I see those off to the left, but there seems to be almost nothing coming out of them, and what is coming out is unknown. The picture is a face full of cooling towers emitting water vapor as best I can tell. I think it is very misleading.

/ Global Warming? #2,346  
But Mitt Romney just told me it was getting warmer........ If I have to pick between his:wizard: opinion and yours:clown: well.
Sorry brin, he's got credentials.......
The commie pinkos are with the long haired hippies:laughing::laughing: in NEW YORK CITY . There ain't none in Georgia.......OK uhhh......maybe Plains Georgia....but he's helpin out.

:thumbsup: Plains GA. for sure...can you say Jimma` :)

/ Global Warming? #2,347  
When I was with the Health Department, we were trained to "read" smoke "opacity" in percentage. Anything over 20 % was a violation of law. I agree that what you are seeing is probably water vapor, with the possible exception of some of the material coming out of the two tall and slender stacks to the far left. Steam will usually dissipate rather rapidly, leaving the sky clear. Particulate matter will remain.

We have Kinpactors with opacity requirements, but if we fail, it will be water vapor since it is impossible for our processes to approach the opacity limit with particulate. Our Kinpactors are accidental water towers because they run a few thousand CFM of particulate laden airstream through a water window. Right much water will evaporate causing a similar effect to those towers sometimes.

/ Global Warming? #2,348  
Hey liberals GULLIBLE warming stopped 16 years ago WHEN WILL PEOPLE LEARN TO READ

Global warming stopped 16 years ago, reveals Met Office report quietly released... and here is the chart to prove it

Read more: Global warming stopped 16 years ago, reveals Met Office report quietly released... and here is the chart to prove it | Mail Online

article-2217286-157E3ADF000005DC-561_644x358.jpg

SHEEEEEESHHHHH can you Liberal beat a dead horse or what. You Liberals are a sick bunch of people.

The new data, compiled from more than 3,000 measuring points on land and sea, was issued quietly on the internet, without any media fanfare, and, until today, it has not been reported.
This stands in sharp contrast to the release of the previous figures six months ago, which went only to the end of 2010 – a very warm year.
Ending the data then means it is possible to show a slight warming trend since 1997, but 2011 and the first eight months of 2012 were much cooler, and thus this trend is erased.

/ Global Warming? #2,349  
How do we know their new idea is better than the old idea? both were based in "proof".
As for the 1970 article, too early to fit the serious discussion of cooling, that was 1974-1981. More or less.

EXCATLY toppop52 Liberals can't defend anything they can ONLY REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT,

Never any real proof just a lot of REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT,

Liberals can tale numbers from the 70's and tell us we're going to freeze to death. Then they can simply change number willie nille and now we're going to BAKE to death.

WHY do these Morons sit around all day and try and scare me, what for - more TAX money is THAT IT?

Here's an idea Liberals. TAX ME SO YOU SO YOU DON'T TRAY AND SCARE ME ANY MORE WITH FAKE NUMBERS, I will gladly be taxed for that!!

Your Liberal DATA has been shown to be false NOW GO AWAY .

/ Global Warming? #2,350  
Oops...I hate to do this to you, but based on a pattern in this thread, you are due, so here goes:

It's called science. Look it up.
Do you know anything about the scientific method?
Are you a member of the flat earth society?
So, what you're saying is that you hate the world, and all of the people, and especially babies and puppies.

I'll stop right there, but I think I have clued you in with my short expose that I am a very clever scientist for the purposes of this thread, and you better watch your step or I'll be theorizing about you again real soon. :D

You have not yet clarified your point.

Perhaps this is what you're asking???

Did Bible writers believe the earth was flat?

If you can clarify your point, perhaps I can clarify whatever I wrote that bothered you.

Status
Not open for further replies.