The thread about absolutely nothing...

/ The thread about absolutely nothing... #11  
A clean garage/shop is the sign of a sick mind!

Attachments

• k-01.gif
    k-01.gif
    98.4 KB · Views: 226
   / The thread about absolutely nothing...
kenmac said:
just where is lower L.A. ( Lower Alabama) ? Gulf coast ?

I'm in Podunk. I'm halfway in between Headland and Columbia, AL. I'm about 20 miles NNE of Dothan. In case the other guys didn't know, Dothan, AL is the "Peanut Capital of the U.S."...or at least that's what they claim. I read a brochure last Nov. at the Peanut festival and it stated that 50% of all the peanuts grown in the United States are grown within a 100 mile radius of Dothan. That's a lot of Peter Pan and Jiff......you darned skippy! Pun intended.

I was born in central Florida, then migrated to the panhandle (Bonifay) where I finished High School before joining Uncle Sam.

Wife and I live so far out in the boonies that Fedex and UPS can't find us sometimes. I get overnight packages 3-4 days later! Just the way we like it though.:D

DBDartman:
I know. I guess I am sick...It's a curse I tell ya. But, one thing is for sure I don't have to kick my way in and out, I can find what I need (when I need it) and because it's so clean, the wife cuts me some slack and doesn't care what I do out there. :)

/ The thread about absolutely nothing... #14  
Hey dart man, Is that a 68 or 69 dart can't tell from the picture. I had a 69 with a 440 alum heads on alcohol ( love the smell of alcohol burning through headers in the am )that ran 630 in 1/8 weight for that car was 2600 lbs. I miss that car. I also had a 70 swinger factory 340 car that I sold a couple yrs. ago to a guy that drove all the way from montana to get that car. I have no dodges at this time:(

/ The thread about absolutely nothing...
I love Mopar, but my father is all about old Pontiacs. He had a 1965 GTO, 389cuin engine, three deuces, can't remember his rear end...410 gears sound right? Been a long time. He raced after the 'Nam...in 1972 he ran his best time ever 12.27 quarter mile in Pensacola, FL. That's still respectable today for a grocery getter.

His buddy had a 1969 or 1970 Hemi 'Cuda. I remember it was white. I wish I had either one today and in great condition...you just don't see many anymore unless it's a car show.

I'm a speed demon myself. (Had) 2 sportbikes until just a few months ago. I had a 2003 Suzuki GSXR 750 and a 2005 Kawasaki ZX-10R. You want to talk bad-arse...the ZX-10 weighed 411 lbs wet and had 162 dyno'd hp to the rear wheel. Top speed I ever had it was 189...that's where the speedo (digital) stopped. Red line was 14,000 rpm. There's some speedo error with sportbikes (they are optimistic), but in 2004 when the bike debuted, SportRider Magazine lasered it at a legit 186.

I'm rambling, but heck, it is the thread about anything, right?

Here's a couple pics of my two sportbikes and my cruiser. I still have the cruiser, but let both the sporties go. Oh by the way...I sold it last August after a run in with a Florida State Trooper and 4 tickets later. He almost took me to the pokey, but fortunately he didn't.

Pics were taken at my home in Jacksonville, FL.

Attachments

• AJ_ZX10R_23_July_2006_006.jpg
    AJ_ZX10R_23_July_2006_006.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 170
  • Bike_Pics_2_23_06_4[1].jpg
    Bike_Pics_2_23_06_4[1].jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 157
   / The thread about absolutely nothing... #16  
kenmac said:
Hey dart man, Is that a 68 or 69 dart can't tell from the picture. I had a 69 with a 440 alum heads on alcohol ( love the smell of alcohol burning through headers in the am )that ran 630 in 1/8 weight for that car was 2600 lbs. I miss that car. I also had a 70 swinger factory 340 car that I sold a couple yrs. ago to a guy that drove all the way from montana to get that car. I have no dodges at this time:(

I miss my Roadrunner. It was a '74, with the least performance of any RR. It handled nice though, and could hold off my buddies Mustangs. I like the performance of the earlier RR's, but the body style of the 71-74.

My dream is a Superbird, but there is no chance short of the lottery, of that ever happening.

/ The thread about absolutely nothing... #17  
thingy said:
Well,since this is about nothing,,I'd like to say I once

We had artichokes last night at dinner. The ones coming from Salinas and Monterey are really good.

But, how in the world did anyone every figure out to eat them? You don't just grab one and chomp on it...

Last night, I mixed a little mayo and black bean garlic sauce as a dip. Yum!

/ The thread about absolutely nothing... #18  
The famous R.R .My dad had one (69) mod.383 when I was a kid. I thought that car was the fastest car on the rd.till he went up against a hemi !:eek:

/ The thread about absolutely nothing... #19  
Podunkadunk said:
I'm a speed demon myself. (Had) 2 sportbikes until just a few months ago. I had a 2003 Suzuki GSXR 750 and a 2005 Kawasaki ZX-10R. You want to talk bad-arse...the ZX-10 weighed 411 lbs wet and had 162 dyno'd hp to the rear wheel. Top speed I ever had it was 189...that's where the speedo (digital) stopped. Red line was 14,000 rpm. There's some speedo error with sportbikes (they are optimistic), but in 2004 when the bike debuted, SportRider Magazine lasered it at a legit 186.

411 # and 162 HP!!! YIKES! That's scary... :D I thought my '77 RD400 at 390# ~60 HP was scary. I couldn't imagine another 100HP on it... I could turn mid 11's somewhere over red line in 6th. Your bike would be doing the 1/4 in about, what, 2nd or 3rd gear?:eek:

/ The thread about absolutely nothing... #20  
A hair south of ocala.. but yeah, same general area.

Soundguy

Podunkadunk said:
Soundguy,
I have relatives in Lake Wales, Babson Park, Frostproof, Berea (sp), Avon Park and Sebring. It's my Mom's side of the family, I'm not really close to any of them... My Father's side of the family is from this area, so here I am. I'm not familiar with the town you live in. Must be up around Ocala area?