The thread about absolutely nothing...

/ The thread about absolutely nothing... #51  
Look at it this way. If you have to write a check, you got to use your money all year. If you get a big, fat refund, you gave the government a tax-free loan. :D

/ The thread about absolutely nothing... #52  
Wrote a check to federal gov't last year for $125,000 because mom did'nt want to put some things in the trust... take about a sick feeling!

mark

/ The thread about absolutely nothing... #53  
Podunkadunk said:
Wife and I are DINKS...dual income no kids...
[drum roll] . . . so, that makes you podunkadunkdinks? :D :D

/ The thread about absolutely nothing...
k6dyc said:
[drum roll] . . . so, that makes you podunkadunkdinks? :D :D

Witty, I admire that.

/ The thread about absolutely nothing...
MossRoad said:
Look at it this way. If you have to write a check, you got to use your money all year. If you get a big, fat refund, you gave the government a tax-free loan. :D

True! I think my apprehension arises out of fear from not knowing JUST HOW MUCH I'll have to send in. I try and get my withholding just right and itemize as much as possible to reduce the payback. If owe a few hundred bucks, no problem,...it's those 1k and over checks that sting. Several years ago I had to send in just under 2.5k. On the "memo" line, I wrote, "Don't spend it all in one spot". That was stupid. They micromanaged the crap out of me. I received a couple letters within the next several months for proof of everything I had filed. I guess it was better than an audit though:) I complied and proved everything I had claimed. They got off me.

To owe 125k, wow! I thought people with that kind of money had accountants...? That's not taxation...that's legalized robbery.

/ The thread about absolutely nothing... #57  
Yaeh, funny thing about writing a tax check on April15th... it's O.K. if they owe you thousands and thousands of dollars, but if you owe them over a certain amount you are supposed to do all the accounting and pay them every quarter. If you owe too much at the end of the year, you face fines for not paying on time. Hardly seems fair.

Funny thing is, we talk about us VS them, when them is us. :) Oh, well. Don't want to go all political on TBN. ;) I try to plan ahead and owe about zero or write a couple hundred dollar check. I've messed up the last two years and gotten larger refunds than I wanted. I keep trying to adjust, but they keep giving out tax credits. It's tough to keep up with.

/ The thread about absolutely nothing... #58  
Yeah like Podunk LA. is the place you ought to BE. so I"m loading up the truck and moving east of Blakely!

I know that didn't quite hit the Green Acres song but it's OK.
I can't wait to tear up the dirt just for the fun of it. That's what a clean tractor is for isn't it, just to prove you been workin. Just like when you played football you needed that nice uniform all the more dirty. HooAh!

/ The thread about absolutely nothing... #59  

I was talking to Soundguy about my garage being so clean. Since the wifey is always on my arse about not doing this and not doing that, I stay out in the garage, making noise, running power tools etc. At least she thinks I'm busy doing something constructive.

Any thoughts?

my way of life:), especially now, when it is getting warmer, the shop is always a safe asylum and I always find something to tinker with.

With enough tools you don't need an outside project, you can stay busy just fixing and improving your tools, LOL.