daylight saving time

/ daylight saving time #1  

sherpa

Platinum Member
Tractor
2004 NH TC33D & 2014 NH Boomer 24
When did daylight savings time begin, what year was it started?
I am too young to remember at just 60 years old.
sherpa

/ daylight saving time #2  
When did daylight savings time begin, what year was it started?
I am too young to remember at just 60 years old.
sherpa

It just depends on which version and which part of the world.:rolleyes: Maybe the best answer to your question might be found here. I think Wikipedia mentions it first being "proposed" in England in 1907.

/ daylight saving time #3  
In our part of Europe it started with ****** - needed more time to produce weapons.

/ daylight saving time #4  
I wish they would do away with it.

It serves no purpose anymore.

/ daylight saving time #6  
I wish they would do away with it.

It serves no purpose anymore.

I agree.
Bob

The "experts" would disagree with you. :mad:

Personally, I hate the change. As far as I am concerned, we should pick an hour and stay with it. I really don't care what they call it. Just don't change the time twice a year.

/ daylight saving time #7  
The "experts" would disagree with you. :mad:

I have found nothing in any articles which can justify the nut roll known as daylight savings time. I know they have looked at safety, fuel savings and from what I have read, DST makes no difference.
Bob

/ daylight saving time #8  
A very peculiar thing to me is that I don't know anyone who thinks (or will admit thinking) that changing the time twice a year is a good idea. But SOMEONE must think it's a good idea because we keep doing it.:confused:

/ daylight saving time
I dont think they change time in Arizona.
sherpa

/ daylight saving time #10  
I hate DST! I always forget to set my watch and clocks. The only reason I remembered to at least set my watch last night was I was awoken by the stupid neighbors. Someone over there was trying to do a burnout. I looked at my watch and it was 1 something in the morning. I then remembered I didn't set my watch so I groggily set it back an hour. I wasn't getting out of bed to set the alarm clock, though (alarm was off anyway). :D