daylight saving time

/ daylight saving time #11  
I dont think they change time in Arizona.
sherpa

Yep, and I think that shows good sense, but the downside is if you're accustomed to a different time, especially a different time zone, and you go to Arizona . . . .. In the summer of 1994, I was doing gas leakage surveys in several different towns in West Texas, Central Daylight Savings time. Then I had to go do a job in Arizona, Mountain Standard time. I had been starting to work each day at daylight in Texas, working alone. But in Arizona the gas company wanted one of their employees to go with me. Now I usually liked having a company employee with me, but since they went to work at 8 a.m., I sat around every morning until it seemed like the middle of the day (10 a.m. to me) before going to work. I did not like that.

/ daylight saving time #12  
Well, if you work 9-5 you can still get home in time to mow the lawn in the daylight, in the fall. I like it.

/ daylight saving time #13  
My vote would be to stay on DST year round. I would rather have the daylight in the evening than in the morning.

/ daylight saving time #14  
I dont think they change time in Arizona.
sherpa

The time zone floats over Arizona, 1/2 the year your on mountain time, 1/2 on mountain time. When I lived there, I could call mom and sometimes we would be in the same time zone, other times I had to factor it that I was 1 hour ahead of her.

/ daylight saving time #15  
We don't observe it here in Hawaii, but a pain in that when calling with say the east coast, I have to remember if 5 hours or 6 hours difference. Friday was 6, today is 5 - I think :)

David

/ daylight saving time #18  
We just started observing DST here in Indiana a couple years ago. A new governor was elected and his first order of business was to push through DST. His big argument was that we needed to get Indiana all on the same time zone (we had 3 different time zones in the state) and that was the way to do it.

Then it was left up to the county commissioners to decide which time zone each county was in. Now most of the state is on Eastern, but there are several pockets of central time zone counties. Its no better than before, just as confusing. I haven't talked to anyone that likes the change.

/ daylight saving time #19  
But SOMEONE must think it's a good idea because we keep doing it.:confused:

Folks still let their car warm up by idling. We know it is silly, but many do it. Old habits die hard.
Bob

/ daylight saving time #20