Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #15,011  
Had our first frost of the season here this morning! Finally.

The ticks have been back the past week with the mild, warm weather we're having.

Going to be a nice day with clear skies and low 60's for a high.

/ Good morning!!!!
#15,012  
Great looking morning here, I think I am going to go get a new ladder. I have been using a old wooden extension ladder that is probably older than me. It was given to me by my wife's grandfather. But it is gettin pretty shakey, and I don't trust it anymore. So off to Homer to see what they have. I need to paint the trim on the barn, and I need to feel safe.

/ Good morning!!!! #15,013  
Great looking morning here, I think I am going to go get a new ladder.

Be careful, some of the ladders have a low load limit of 200#. (it was yellow - the orange ones are heavier). I also bought a hammock that had a 150# limit - How many adult males weigh less than 150#? I guess the people in China are smaller.

60's to the 80's, bright sunny day. I'm walking - in the A.M without crutches. Now when I'm out with my dog we are called Whipper and Limper.

/ Good morning!!!! #15,015  
Now when I'm out with my dog we are called Whipper and Limper.

wasn't that a comedy act on Saturday Night Live?...:D

/ Good morning!!!! #15,016  
Good Morning. 1030, overcast, 65* with 85% humidity. Forecast high of 81* with no chance of rain. Fall got to NW Florida today. There is a 9 mph NE wind, and I have turned off the AC and opened all the windows on the north side of the house. {my cousin is pressure washing the back side} It sure is nice.

Guys, my boss is seeing a doctor now, it's just taking a while to get her high BP meds adjusted right. And she eats good, and weighs about 110. The low blood sugar makes her snack all through the day, but she goes with cheese crackers or peanut butter for her snacks. Her son is interning right now in the medical profession and will be staying at home while he does his internship. He is a ultra health nut, so she knows what she should do. And she is doing the vapor thing, trying to smoke less. I'm not sure if that is any safer or not.

Larro

/ Good morning!!!! #15,017  
just looked at the weather radar, and we have a nice little coastal storm brewing its way up the Eastern seaboard, heading our way tonight and continuing to dump rain through the next day.
well, lunch break is over, back to the trailer. Brought the little rototiller home to clean up and get ready for winter, but will run it in our compost area at the rear of our property first. It just keeps turning and sinking in there, that earth is getting
just marvelous. Though I do hate to grind up all those nice worms...seems to be plenty of them, and well, they came from the dirt and they are returning to the dirt. All making the compost like black gold, about in its tenth year now. We use this dirt to supplement what comes in store bought hanging plants, the soil or whatever it is in there doesn't hold water at all.

/ Good morning!!!! #15,018  
69F 1.91 inches since midnight. Looks like our rejected weather decided to visit. Was hoping to start digging fence post holes today, but not if raining LOl Did feel a bit sorry seeing the sweet potato farmer working in the mud yesterday's.l Have a great day. David Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #15,019  
I have a severe case of sciatica, leg and back spasms, the single worst pains I've ever had when they spasm in my leg!
Enough whining, nice cool rainy windy day on Delmarva! Beautiful day to be above ground! Have a good one folks.

/ Good morning!!!! #15,020  
52 F here this morning with a nice light breeze.

My new neighbor called me last night (Tue) about 5 PM. He was a mess, could hardly talk. He had just made an appointment at the vet to have his beloved boxer pup put down. He's had that dog since a puppy and realizes he has to do the humane thing. The dog cannot lift its hindquarters due to degenerative spine disease. He was calling to ask me if I could come over with my backhoe and dig a grave. I told him I'd be happy to do it, but I was having a surgery to put in a port this morning (Wed). Tomorrow, I get my first chemo treatment and Friday, the day after chemo, I might feel a bit too weak. I suggested that he and his wife decide on an ideal spot and I'd come do the gravesite ahead of time.

So, at 6 PM last night, I went over with my backhoe and dug him a nice 4' x 6' x 5' deep grave near a big oak tree in the shade where they can put a gravestone in view from their new deck.

It's obvious he loves that dog dearly, and this is terribly hard for him to do. I was glad I could help. Pets give us so much that anything I can do to help the dog pass peacefully is what I want to do.