Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #8,241  
Thank you! ALL of you who responded!
They did accept our counteroffer, so we're heading into a new home!
Here's the listing:
82 Stafford Meadows Lane, Bethel VT 05032 | 3 bed 3 bath on White River $275,000 | MLS# 4210360 | Bean Group Real Estate
But we didn't pay anywhere near the $275K asking price. Wifey and I were just talking about this, BTW...I think we both mostly excited about having a washer and dryer at home!!!!
congrads Roy i know you will be glad to get the move done.

/ Good morning!!!! #8,243  
Fine looking home, Roy....:thumbsup: Does that exterior picture show a typical amount of snowfall? If so you are gonna get a LOT of seat time during winters !!!

/ Good morning!!!! #8,244  
Very nice Roy, them ol' stoves must pay good! :D

They pay OK...we didn't pay anywhere near the asking price!
There is a Vermont Castings woodstove in that house, BTW

Vermont001.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #8,245  
Thank you! ALL of you who responded!
They did accept our counteroffer, so we're heading into a new home!
Here's the listing:
82 Stafford Meadows Lane, Bethel VT 05032 | 3 bed 3 bath on White River $275,000 | MLS# 4210360 | Bean Group Real Estate
But we didn't pay anywhere near the $275K asking price. Wifey and I were just talking about this, BTW...I think we both mostly excited about having a washer and dryer at home!!!!

Congrats. Those 8.6 acres ought to keep you somewhat busy. Taxes -YIKES!!!!!

David Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Good morning!!!! #8,246  
Fine looking home, Roy....:thumbsup: Does that exterior picture show a typical amount of snowfall? If so you are gonna get a LOT of seat time during winters !!!

Those pictures were taken about three weeks ago....still most of the 10-12 inch snowfall from 3-4 weeks back on the ground (we've had a couple days above 30 and one day above 40 since).
Now, we have a major snowstorm coming in...minimum of 12" to as much as 24". That starts tomorrow (Friday, 08 Feb).
Most of the seat time will be mowing. There's a good 2 acres or a bit more to mow...then about 5.5-6.5 acres in the lower field. All level though...

/ Good morning!!!! #8,247  
Taxes -YIKES!!!!!

One of my first tasks is to contest the assessment...

/ Good morning!!!! #8,248  
Congrats. Those 8.6 acres ought to keep you somewhat busy. Taxes -YIKES!!!!!

Taxes....DOUBLE YIKES !!!! Mine here in mid-Michigan are about $3200 a year on a $200,000 home. Sales tax there is 6%, same as Michigan. Have to wonder why the disparity for property taxes as the income tax there seems roughly comparable to Michigan's.

Roy...beautiful stove. No doubt that is the reason you purchased the house, right?

/ Good morning!!!! #8,249  
Have to wonder why the disparity for property taxes as the income tax there seems roughly comparable to Michigan's.

Roy...beautiful stove. No doubt that is the reason you purchased the house, right?

Rural Vermont towns are just high high in tax rates...fact of life. However, I will contest them.
As far as the stove...it's a nice stove, but we bought the place because of the acreage, level lot, close enough to neighbors (but not too close!!), paved road and it's a one story place (first time we haven't had two floors).
The kitchen sold the wifey...the outside sold me and the washer-dryer sold both of us!

/ Good morning!!!! #8,250  
Congrats to you Roy and your bride.
Your close enough stop in antique tractor pulling..Cornish,NH.Haverhil,NH.Rutland,VT. ;)
Looks like you have pently room for your Deere to roam. :)