Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #981  
Jim, we put the 4 different paver colors and the house rock in the last 8 triangles and in the end the brown brick won out. The pattern and texture needed to stay a constant for the flow.

Yep! Probably so little rock there that nobody would even see that it was the same as the house. The brown brick works because of the white border. That white border is really the pièce de résistance. It makes the whole design go POP!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #982  
Bird, the acorns this year are amazing considering last years drought and the lack of them. The abundance of acorns have been giving deer hunters fits, since the deer prefer the acorns over the corn.

Dennis,
If it was raining as much as the numerous acorns fallen here, we would be flooded out. My Dad taught me that a heavy acorn crop meant a hard winter.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #983  
Dennis,
If it was raining as much as the numerous acorns fallen here, we would be flooded out. My Dad taught me that a heavy acorn crop meant a hard winter.
hugs, Brandi

I think I've seen some big acorn crops, but never anything like we have this year. If your dad was right, this Winter's gonna be a killer.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #984  
I think I've seen some big acorn crops, but never anything like we have this year. If your dad was right, this Winter's gonna be a killer.

Can you say.............snow, snow, snow? I haven't seen snow at Christmas time since 1969, when we went back to my Dad's Dad's Panhandle farm for Christmas.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
Dennis,
hugs, Brandi

We could use a real winter, I just hope it hols off until my job contracts are done. It was 83* here today, quite warm for November!!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #986  
It's been in the upper 70's here. A little warm for my taste for fall, but the trees are really beautiful. Best "Look of Fall" we've had in years. I normally hate all the Sweet Gums we have around here but they're very nice looking this year.

Charlie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #987  
Can you say.............snow, snow, snow? I haven't seen snow at Christmas time since 1969, when we went back to my Dad's Dad's Panhandle farm for Christmas.
hugs, Brandi

The last really cold weather in the Dallas area was perhaps December 23, 1989, when it was -1 degree that morning, but the Texas Panhandle and on to Denver can be a killer. The last BIG snow I encountered was March 26, 1991, after we survived high winds in the Panhandle and then a blizzard after we turned north to go to Denver. That was one long miserable drive. And the last White Christmas was much more recently; 2009. 19 degrees that morning and more ice than snow. In the 31 miles we drove to a daughter's home, we counted 39 vehicles that had slid off into the ditches. And I came pretty close once myself.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #988  
If it's going to be a bad winter, it better get busy doin' something soon. One of the things I'm not thankful for today, is rain. You can't be thankful for what you ain't got.:rolleyes: I mulched the leaves in my yard yesterday and hand to blow off the fine trimmings and dust off my mower deck twice. Below the mulched grass/leaves dust, was a full inch of just sand. It's no wonder that the blades wear out so fast on my mower. If there was an inch of sand on top of the deck, imagine how much sand the blades encountered during the slow-moving mulching type mowing.

I'd say there's no danger of creating another Thanksgiving Day debacle like the one years ago when Leon Lett touched the football in the end zone during the Thanksgiving Day snow storm. I'll bet that the roof to Cowboy Stadium will be open today and people in the stands will be in short sleeves. No danger of a snow storm today; however, RGIII may drop passes on 'Duh! Boyz' secondary like a hail storm in June.:D

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
Jim, you nailed the game dead on the head, seems the "boyz'" lived up to the penalty's and poor secondary we have come to know this season. I'm thinking we will see a coaching change in the near future.

Only 57* this morning, but looks like "Winter" outside, nice NE wind blowing.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #990  
Jim, you nailed the game dead on the head, seems the "boyz'" lived up to the penalty's and poor secondary. . .

Well, it was an easy prediction for anyone on the outside looking in. The Cowboys seem to lack the ability of self-evaluation and cling to unrealistic hopes. The NFC East may end up being the doormat of the NFL this season. At least RGIII got a spectacular win in front of his relatives on Turkey Day. I really like that guy. His abilities, demeanor, and character are rare in the NFL. He has given Redskin fans something to cheer about even when they don't win. Their record is now the same as Duh! Boyz, but do you wanna take any bets on whether that will be true by the end of the season? I think RGIII is a gem with a bright future.

BTW: How 'bout them Texans? Could you believe that win in overtime?:thumbsup: