dish bill

/ dish bill #1  

heehaw

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M4900, B7510 and RTV
i just received my dish bill: $1000.06 for one year: i usually pay it a year at a time: this includes one dual dvr receiver, and two other receivers: local channels, top 250, and the
dish repair coverage($6 a month). does this seem in line with what everyone else is
paying? we have no premium channels like hbo etc..
heehaw

Last edited:
   / dish bill #2  
You didn't mention how many of your receivers are HD. HD programming is free, but the HD receivers cost you more. Your yearly cost equates to what I pay for two HD receivers, one of which is a dual with HD DVR. My channels are the same as yours with no HBO or other premium channel. We pay by the month added to our telephone bill, but $85 per month works out to $1020 per year, so I'd say yours is very similar.

/ dish bill #3  
I pay $92.04 per month for the same thing, but I have 3 extra receivers. $1104.48 for the year.

/ dish bill
now listen: you guys were suppose to come up with a better option: like the same
package for half that price!! your letting me down!!!
heehaw

/ dish bill #6  
What would be even better would be:

2 cell phones for wife and I

Medium speed internet for stuff and download netflix

2 HD recievers

Home phone with LD service........

For a fair price........NOT $250 per month..........God bless........Dennis

/ dish bill #7  
We have DirecTV with their Choice Xtra ($65.99), Starz ($12.99), & local channels, two receivers, one HD ($10.00), one not ($6.00), their protection plan ($5.99), and with a "claimed" $26 a month discount for 24 months, the total bill with sales tax ($5.29) is $86.26 a month, which would be $1,035.15 for the year.

Looks like we're all gettin' soaked about the same.:laughing:

/ dish bill #8  
When I had DISH installed I ask the technician what the difference was between DISH and DIRECT. He told me "In the long run,(after one year) not one thing. Same price, same channels, Some programs have a few more channels than the other but they are junk channels. They try to make it difficult to cancel, like with DISH you have to mail everything back to them." With DIRECT you buy the equipment.

/ dish bill #9  
We have DirecTV with their Choice Xtra ($65.99), Starz ($12.99), & local channels, two receivers, one HD ($10.00), one not ($6.00), their protection plan ($5.99), and with a "claimed" $26 a month discount for 24 months, the total bill with sales tax ($5.29) is $86.26 a month, which would be $1,035.15 for the year.

Bird...You might be on to something...All of us on TBN could ditch the Dish...and share home movies...we could record our antics and upload it to TBN and it would have to be more entertaining than the reruns and bad news...always bad news we are paying all the $$$ for...We could be stars :) trade autographs :thumbsup: Save $$$$:laughing:

/ dish bill #10  

Well not all of us ... No dish or direct here. 6 local channels. Netflex and a huge assortment of DVD's