Anyone ever eaten or taste Horse Meat?

/ Anyone ever eaten or taste Horse Meat? #11  
When I was a kid (50+ years ago) a local butcher shop sold it. It was cheaper than beef, an was the reason my mother bought it. I only recall roasts from it, and we always cleaned our plates, as you ate what you where served or went to bed hungry. But if I recall it was tasty.

/ Anyone ever eaten or taste Horse Meat? #12  
I don't know about horse meat but heard (from my aunt & uncle) that there was a burger joint in Ohio when I was a kid that served horse meat burgers and people thought they were the best. They stopped because the feds told them that meat served to the public has to be federally inspected.

Now, dog meat is good. Ate a lot of it in Southeast Asia before I found out what it was.

/ Anyone ever eaten or taste Horse Meat?
Now, dog meat is good. Ate a lot of it in Southeast Asia before I found out what it was.

would they happen to have served it in what they called a Pooh-Pooh platter? I order that once and thought it taste very peculiar :cool:
chewy too:cool: don't ask me why I ordered it in the first place with it called such a name:D

/ Anyone ever eaten or taste Horse Meat? #14  
I think eating horse would be just fine with me. Meat is meat...but just don't think about eating my dog! I think our culture in this country is why horse, (or dog), has not been relished. I have never had horses, (owned them), so I don't have any hangups about eating them. In other countries, just about everything that moves is eaten.

I would guess that certain breeds would have different qualities as far as the meat goes...just like cattle. Thinking about it some more, in this economic climate a lot of horses have been turned loose or abandoned by horse lovers that cannot afford to keep them. No one wants them. Hate to say it but horse roast might be a good outlet for this problem.

DeepinDirt...That Pooh-Pooh platter may have had house cat in it, too. When I lived in Hawaii, the Orientals ate all those kinds of critters. I did too, some I knew about, and some I didn't.

/ Anyone ever eaten or taste Horse Meat? #16  
   / Anyone ever eaten or taste Horse Meat? #17  
I think Jack in the box was unknowingly serving horse meat in the eighties.

/ Anyone ever eaten or taste Horse Meat? #18  
Get your plates ready, US horse processing is returning!

The Horse | U.S. Horse Processing Could Resume Soon
There's a farm I drive by everyday where 50+ horses have shown up this spring. They are wandering all over a 100+ acres and he puts round bales out here and there. I assume he must be getting cheap horses from the US and then fattening them up for slaughter here.
It is kind of neat though to see them out there just being horses and the odd time a few will be playing or running for the heck of it, and ethically I'd rather eat horses raised that way than feedlot **** beef.

/ Anyone ever eaten or taste Horse Meat? #19  
My son and his wife worked in Japan. On a visit he wanted me to join him to eat RAW Horse Meat and Foogoo (That's a Bloat Fish)? anyway we had both, the horse was served cold. Didn't taste bad but cold ans wet just one time was enough.The fish was like eating raw squid. As for dog meat Ate that for Two one half years in tacos and before I found out what the meat was. But the tacos I would eat again Very good.:thumbsup:

/ Anyone ever eaten or taste Horse Meat? #20  
My ex's mother served it in the sixties and seventies because it was cheap. She didn't tell anyone what it was until later. Nobody complained much. Eat what was served or do without. Was OK with me as I grew up on venison, moose, and salmon, with lamb, pork and beef thrown in when there wasn't anything free available.