Anyone ever eaten or taste Horse Meat?

/ Anyone ever eaten or taste Horse Meat? #31  
I know that presently, a lot of the horse's that are sold at auction in Michigan, go to Canada for slaughter. I was told that the meat is shipped to Belgium.

/ Anyone ever eaten or taste Horse Meat? #32  
I had some sandwiches in Canada about 15 years ago made of dried horse meat. Tasted similar to dried beef, but a bit sweeter if I recall.

/ Anyone ever eaten or taste Horse Meat? #34  
Ate horse meat many times while in the military (navy) and overseas. After the very first time it's fine. The first time is all mental. Most USO's severed it and where also open for business very late at night. Maybe I was always drunk enough not to really know though.

/ Anyone ever eaten or taste Horse Meat? #35  
Last night I went to put the herd in, getting them off the pastures for the evening.

I told them about the law being changed, and that they could be back on the menu.

I did not have any issues rounding them up. The behaviour change is remarkable.

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

:thumbsup:

Since the horse slaughter houses closed, there certainly are more stories about starving, dead and neglected horses in the news. I am pretty sure the TBN discussions back when the law went into effect predicted this would happen.

One of the reports I read had quotes from one of the animal groups say that they would picket any town that opened up a slaughter operation. :eek: I will respect their protest when ALL of the neglected horses are taken care of with THEIR money.

I like raw fish and I have eaten bugs which were pretty good. Not sure I would eat horse meat though but I might. I would not search it out to try though. Unless I was starving. :D

Later,
Dan

/ Anyone ever eaten or taste Horse Meat? #38  
Horse salami many times. Hmm, you guys would call it kielbasa I guess, it is pretty good roasted on fire or such. Good eating.

pictured is a mix of horse and pork, fully cooked and smoked, edible cold or rosted or you can make a cheap goulash out of it.

MASO BREJCHA | M?kké salámy | Ko?ský salám to?ený

Dang, getting hungry :)

/ Anyone ever eaten or taste Horse Meat? #39  
Tasted horses hoof once..........it wasn't good:(

/ Anyone ever eaten or taste Horse Meat? #40  
Having been around horses as much as I have been, it would be impossible for me to eat horse meat unless I was starving.

But I do not mind others consuming it as long as they are not mine.

Re-opening the slaughterhouses will end the suffering of many starving horses in our area and I am not against it, just hopeful that the horses will have a quick death with as little trauma as possible beforehand.