Georgia Fall and Winter Thread...

/ Georgia Fall and Winter Thread... #22  
We're moving south just as soon as we retire. About 12 yrs. Here's why.... We can get 4' overnight, and 12' in a week. Yes, those are feet.....

Attachments

• Image022.jpg
    Image022.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 66
  • Jan 22,2011.jpg
    Jan 22,2011.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 58
   / Georgia Fall and Winter Thread... #23  
We're moving south just as soon as we retire. About 12 yrs. Here's why.... We can get 4' overnight, and 12' in a week. Yes, those are feet.....

BUT IT'S SO PURDY!!!

/ Georgia Fall and Winter Thread... #24  
Let me add my 2 pennies I'm living in Thomasville Ga. My dad has land in Ocilla, GA., don't have my tractor yet but go to get something for the 400 acres, half is leased out to a farmer the other half is pines and hardwoods. lots of rattlemoccasins, turkey, deer and quail. I got lots of work ahead of me to do:(. Barns need to be patched fences and 2 ponds to clean around.

/ Georgia Fall and Winter Thread... #25  
Fpaulk22, I started to welcome you to the forum when I seen you only had 2 post, and then I notice you've been a member for 1 year, since 2010 ;)
How is it you have been a member for all this time and refraim yourself from posting? :D.... Oh what the heck! belated ...Welcome
anyway! glade you chimed in and hope you will keep us informed of the weather and happenings in your area, good luck with the farming of your land,;) I'm sure you'll have a tractor soon:thumbsup:

/ Georgia Fall and Winter Thread... #26  
I've been really happy with the relatively warm fall so far AND that there's been just enough rain to keep us out of the severe/water rationing type of drought! For the first time in about 5 years I may actually have a chance to get a decent stand of fescue going in the yard!

- Jay
(In GA since 1963)

/ Georgia Fall and Winter Thread... #27  
My wife has been looking at houses near Grant Park in southeast Atlanta. Our son just graduated from Ga Tech, got a great job and has decided to become a Georgia citizen. If we were going to move, we should have done it before paying four years of "out of state" tuition...
Mike

/ Georgia Fall and Winter Thread... #28  
My wife has been looking at houses near Grant Park in southeast Atlanta. Our son just graduated from Ga Tech, got a great job and has decided to become a Georgia citizen. If we were going to move, we should have done it before paying four years of "out of state" tuition...
Mike

Like i said im no Georgian so i may be wrong, but atlanta is not part of Atlanta you want to move to. If your out side of what you dont want to be in you will be in that part in less than 10 yrs as it grows around you. I have talked to several georgians and they really dont consider those in ATL as Georgian there Atlantins, trust me there is an entirely different culture and way of life there. I understand though some can still live the life most of us like and live on the outskirts because you still have to earn a living, but i personally would try to do it far away from ATL.

/ Georgia Fall and Winter Thread... #29  
JUST GOT A YANMAR TRACTOR .NEWBE, I'LL TRY MY HAND AT TURNIPS ,MUSTARD, AND COLLARDS NEXT SEASON.

/ Georgia Fall and Winter Thread... #30  
Started raining here In Braselton around 3:00 on 12/06 it was called for a 80% chance all day, but must have been scatter around, the temp high was 62* after the rain comes and goes the temps are suppose to be dropping back to around mid 30's*
.....................................................................................................

I have talked to several georgians and they really dont consider those in ATL as Georgian there Atlantins, trust me there is an entirely different culture and way of life there.

The ones who currently live in Atlanta have Migrated too Atlanta from other big cities across the country, They all are not necessarily Georgians, heck I can't even understand the language of over half of who I meet that live in Atlanta, So yes there are differences in the culture but not from being a Atlantian, But from more of coming from another part of the country or even another country all together, Having their own culture and bringing it here;) it seems that many people are misinformed about Atlanta "Hot-Lanta" everyone wants to check out Hot-lanta, Like most anywhere Atlanta has it's attractions and places to see, but once outside of the tourist attractions You'll see the same-o same-o as would see in any other Big City, Most of us rural/Country Folks from Georgia try to avoid Atlanta at all cost, the traffic is bad, crime is bad, the food isn't that great, unless of course you like Asian,Indian,Turkish,polish,German,etc,etc, foods,
if you want some true southern cooking you really have to get out of Atlanta and into the country where the Mom & Pop style restaurants are:licking:

At one time i thought all New Yorkers were City Folk, recently I met a person from Buffalo NY and he told me that his town/city was as much of country as our small town of Braselton here in Ga, is,....
The short of it all, most all Capital cities of each state may represent all the smaller towns, But not necessarily mean the towns people are like the big city folk, if anything I would say that the Big City folk all across our country have more in common with all the other Big City folk of other Big Cities,