Georgia Fall and Winter Thread...

/ Georgia Fall and Winter Thread... #1  

brin

Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles eas
First real frost on my pastures this morning...28 deg. in my part of Walton County...

I just want to see if there are enough of us Georgians to have a thread...I mean, I know Texas is big but then so are we...:laughing:

/ Georgia Fall and Winter Thread... #2  
Well, I had to come over and see what was going on in here, didn't know Gawga had a "winter":laughing: Actually, we lived in Savannah for 2 years when I was 5-6, in fact my little sister was born in Savannah and my brother was born in Wildwood (sp).

I remember it snowed once too, that was in the 60's

/ Georgia Fall and Winter Thread...
Well, I had to come over and see what was going on in here, didn't know Gawga had a "winter":laughing: Actually, we lived in Savannah for 2 years when I was 5-6, in fact my little sister was born in Savannah and my brother was born in Wildwood (sp).

I remember it snowed once too, that was in the 60's

Dennis...the weather has changed since the 60's big time...it got down to 15 deg here last winter...even Savannah gets way colder now then back then...and they talk about global warming...

So thanks for posting on the thread...if it had not been for you, a Texan, I would have been the only one on a Georgia thread...imagine that...:laughing:

/ Georgia Fall and Winter Thread... #4  
Heck here in SC were more north of Georgia. The last 2 years we have had snow. I think twice last year once sticking for 5-7 days in the shade (6"s) and i live 2 hours from the moutain corner of SC but do live in the upstate.

We have had a hard frost each mourning this week, and have had a few close ones (where the car freezes but not the ground) and other hard ones weeks before this.

For the GA guys i live right across the river bout 15 mins from the line or bout 20 mins from Lincolnton, GA.

/ Georgia Fall and Winter Thread... #5  
Here in Braselton Ga, we've had many frosty morning over the past couple weeks, I've been counting how many frost our greens can take, so far is about 5 morning frost and there still holding on, I've always heard to cut them after the 2nd frost, but we already cut and had 3 messes of turnips & mustard greens, Holding off on cutting the Collards until the last of the month, good-n-fresh for New years:thumbsup:

/ Georgia Fall and Winter Thread... #6  
So thanks for posting on the thread...if it had not been for you, a Texan, I would have been the only one on a Georgia thread...imagine that...:laughing:

Brin You and me might be the only ones... How long you think it'll take us 2 to catch up with the other post of 210 posts?:D

/ Georgia Fall and Winter Thread... #7  
We have had frosty mornings for 3 days this week in Morgan County. So far all the greens are holding up. I don't think we will have much colder nights for the next week or so.

Go Dawgs

SimS

/ Georgia Fall and Winter Thread... #8  
I been planning to move south in about 10yrs or so. I was thinking about Ga,Tn, etc. Get away from winters, but trying to find a place thats not hot as all get out. You guys are getting snow and winter weather? I might put up with a little, but I'm really getting "allergic" to snow. You think this Yankee could handle it?

FWIW, I'm so far north i really don't consider myself a yankee. Maybe a snowbelt Redneck? I can drive to Canada in 40 minutes. Boston? 4 1/2 hours at 75mph. Got a 7mm mag rifle, 12 gauge pump, 2006 chevy 3500 crew cab 8ft bed duramax diesel, wife who loves deer meat, and she knows how to cook it right! How am I doing? Might fit in as long as i don't speak and give away my accent? Oh yeah, don't mind a few cold(or warm for that matter) beers.

/ Georgia Fall and Winter Thread... #9  
You know, I do remember when it did snow, it was a "huge" deal since it was rare. As a kid it was a huge deal to me because of Santa Clause:laughing:

I still remember going to Okiefanokie (sp)swamp (now that's a word) also remember going out on the sand bars with the grownups to help the pilot whales I think they where. Matter of fact, the beaches there, was where I met my 1st school of jelly fish!! Yep, lifeguard buried me in the sand,:laughing: Hurt like true **** too

/ Georgia Fall and Winter Thread...
Brin You and me might be the only ones... How long you think it'll take us 2 to catch up with the other post of 210 posts?:D

Deep...So far we have - SimsS then Clemsfor, almost in Georgia and Western, a Texan helping us so now if we can talk flyingcow into moving to Georgia from Maine, well then we can catch up to the Texas posts much quicker...:)

Flyingcow...We get some occasional snow and an ice storm here or there and once in awhile the temps can go down to 15 deg. but our winter only lasts from Dec to the end of Feb ...that is the worst part of it and it really can't be anywhere near as bad as Maine or points North...Ya'll come on down...Ya here !:thumbsup: