Texas Spring/Summer Thread

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #21  
The storm line looks like it is just about to whack us here in Ft Worth, wait is whacking us. The wind before the line was what was a booger.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #22  
Saw the damage in Ft. Worth from the winds and several overturned Semi's on the interstate.

New rain gauge:thumbsup: shows exactly 1 3/4"!! Not bad for 1hr of rain.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #23  
Well, the wind blew hard from the south just before the storm, and then I watched as it stopped and started back from the northwest. I was hoping for a decent rain, but it came through like a little ol' lady drivin' in the left lane of the freeway at 55. I got exactly 1/2" in my gage so far. They say more is due later.

Dennis, you must have had a powerful cell park over your house. We had nothing I would even call a downpour.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #24  
Dennis, you must have had a powerful cell park over your house. We had nothing I would even call a downpour.

Tell you what Jim, a couple of times it got "hairy" had allot of rotation, could see small "tails" whipping .. Moved on to Decatur, then Pete Delcuse comes on and mentions the rotation, Had some good hail , but not to bad.

I think from looking at the radar it was the Biggest cell in this round.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread
We lost satellite TV reception for maybe 20 minutes, hard rain for about a half inch, then lighter rain. It's been a windy day, but I don't think there was any damage in my area.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #26  
We've had maybe 1.2" of rain overnight. It's been steady, but slow with some lightning/thunder, but absolutely no wind. I'll try to get a photo of my ponds posted in that thread when it gets light enough to take pictures from my 3rd floor balcony. It's also really cool here this morning at 50 degrees.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #27  
Thunder and lightning started about 1:30 and is still going on. Checked the rain Gauge about 6:30 and we have 3 5/8 inches......WOW. Still raining and it looks like we have another line of storms behind this one. Our road to town is flooded so the wife had to take the round-about way to work. Luckily there doesn't seem to be any wind damage and the Electric Co-op is not reporting any confirmed outages. I'll go check some more now that it is getting light outside.

Keep the hatches battened down.

Charlie

So far my gauge is just over 3.5" and still raining.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #29  
3.7":thumbsup: Wife also was delayed till the "dry creek" that blocks our exit, could go down enough to get the truck across.

For some reason it just looks "Greener" outside.:cool:

Looks like it's over for us; all the rain has moved on east. I just went out and poured about 3.84" out of my gauge.