Found a coyote, I think

/ Found a coyote, I think #501  
Hey John that was one I hadn't seen! I heard that Herbert died that was sad news.
From what I have seen of Sandy she looks to being good, are they still working with her for education purposes?

GPintheMitten: That is neat when they do that it shows their curiosity! We had 2 red foxes out back following the baler around getting mice running from it.

/ Found a coyote, I think #502  
Hey John that was one I hadn't seen! I heard that Herbert died that was sad news.
From what I have seen of Sandy she looks to being good, are they still working with her for education purposes?

GPintheMitten: That is neat when they do that it shows their curiosity! We had 2 red foxes out back following the baler around getting mice running from it.
Yes, it's fun to see all the opportunistic animals getting mice and snakes that the haying stir up.

/ Found a coyote, I think #504  
I haven't read this thread yet, as I just stumbled across it but the best dog I have ever had was found in the wild. Actually I found two dogs surviving around my parents cabin in the woods. After a weekend of feeding them because they needed it, the inevitable happened. We took them home, and then decided we would only keep one of them. The runt. The other was a black lab and great looking guy but we knew that if we took it to PAWS, it would be snapped up immediately. The other, still young and more of a shepherd looking thing seemed to understand what we were saying from the beginning. Shy but smart. We took it to a vet to get it checked out, shots, etc. and the vet said, 'do you know what kind of dog this is?'... I said no... but hoping you could tell me! He said it was a Coy Dog. Huhhh? Yeah it is a cross between a german shepherd and a coyote. I said, 'Oh Great'. we kept the wrong one! Thirteen years later we had to put her down. The best 'dog' I have ever known. Smartest, great with kids, incredibly trainable, could jump a six foot fence (okay that wasn't a great attribute), howled when sirens were heard, but didn't know how to bark until the neighbor dog taught her after six years.

Oh I wish I could have her back again. I guess I will have to read through this thread, but wanted to share about a true best friend. Too many stories to tell but I am sure you all can understand about a man's best friend.:cryingeyesout:

/ Found a coyote, I think #505  
I haven't read this thread yet, as I just stumbled across it but the best dog I have ever had was found in the wild. Actually I found two dogs surviving around my parents cabin in the woods. After a weekend of feeding them because they needed it, the inevitable happened. We took them home, and then decided we would only keep one of them. The runt. The other was a black lab and great looking guy but we knew that if we took it to PAWS, it would be snapped up immediately. The other, still young and more of a shepherd looking thing seemed to understand what we were saying from the beginning. Shy but smart. We took it to a vet to get it checked out, shots, etc. and the vet said, 'do you know what kind of dog this is?'... I said no... but hoping you could tell me! He said it was a Coy Dog. Huhhh? Yeah it is a cross between a german shepherd and a coyote. I said, 'Oh Great'. we kept the wrong one! Thirteen years later we had to put her down. The best 'dog' I have ever known. Smartest, great with kids, incredibly trainable, could jump a six foot fence (okay that wasn't a great attribute), howled when sirens were heard, but didn't know how to bark until the neighbor dog taught her after six years.

Oh I wish I could have her back again. I guess I will have to read through this thread, but wanted to share about a true best friend. Too many stories to tell but I am sure you all can understand about a man's best friend.:cryingeyesout:
Yup, best dog i ever had was a cross of some sort. People used to ask if it was coyote or wolf or something. I didn't see it but it was the smartest best dog i ever had, i still miss him after all these years.

/ Found a coyote, I think #507  
Thanks I seem to have a knack for catching her stuff when it comes out!

/ Found a coyote, I think #508  
Dragoneggs: I know what you mean I have always had dogs of one breed or another, before getting my first wolf, Shadow and she broke me from dogs! She wasn't one for jumping but she was smart, we got her a playmate one of her sisters pups about 4 yrs later the Boy, Weasel was just that a Weasel he is to **** smart if we don't lock the door he will open it. In the summer he as bad as having children running around again he comes in and out of the house so much I think he would prefer a revolving door but they don't slow him down any. He runs to fast for his own good, Him and Shadow could go out the front door at the same time and he would be sitting down in the back waiting on her to get there! We lost Shadow in June, I think I will always miss her!

/ Found a coyote, I think

Dragoneggs,

That is a great story! Thanks for posting. I hope you read about Sandy and enjoy it.

It's been over a year now since we took her to Southwest and we seriously miss her. The latest video of her singing is now my ringtone and I smile every time the phone rings.

/ Found a coyote, I think
Ooops, double post