Found a coyote, I think

/ Found a coyote, I think #491  
For those of you thinking of writing a story about a dog, you should watch the movie "Red Dog". It's on Netflix if you have it. It's about a red dog that really lived in Australia and touched the lives of many people. That movie is so well done. I actually cried during the movie, and I didn't even cry at my own grandma's funeral. It's a great story and might help you understand better how to write your stories to really inspire people.

/ Found a coyote, I think
I actually cried during the movie, and I didn't even cry at my own grandma's funeral. It's a great story

There you go. Exactly. Dogs! Sheesh.

Liye and I have been laughing and laughing. We get it!

/ Found a coyote, I think #493  
John I need to figure out a title and work some things worked out in my head. I may have to have Tracey write some because the first 6 months she was home with her all the time.
I think when I do I will start a new thread and I want to link to it from this one. How do I go about doing that?

Randy,

There is a lot to think about when you start to put it together. Keep it simple and let it take on a life of it's own. Just share some interesting traits or games or, whatever. I'm very curious about her personality. I remember one thing you shared, not sure if it was Shadow, about not liking to be brushed. Running off and then coming back to let you know you were forgiven. I think you also mentioned getting hamburgers at the drive through for them. See, I would never have imagined a tolerant and forgiving wolf that rides in the car and gets hamburgers! It's like Sandy! In some ways, dogs are dogs, wild or domestic, wolf or coyote. They have a strong family structure and need to know their place in the group. They anticipate. They express interest in something they want. They remember events and develop habits. They are so much like us in their ways.

When you get a thread started you can copy and paste the link into the "quick reply" window. The tool bar in the quick reply window has a tool for it also. Each thread can link to the other and it's a good idea because both stories show wild dogs interacting with us and how much we cared about them.

Take care.

/ Found a coyote, I think #495  
Thanks John I am trying to get some notes together so I won't lose track. The one that runs of then comes back is Weasel, when Shadow saw the brush she would run and hide.

/ Found a coyote, I think #497  
Hey John just ran across a new pic of Sandy!
1146661_536387273083894_1404078286_n.jpg

Randy,

Thanks for the picture. You always seem to see them before me.

And thanks for the link to Shadow's story. Beautiful.

Here's an earlier picture of Sandy and Herbert, right after her arrival at Southwest.

They became instant friends and are seen here stopping to look at one of the cats. Two new friends that are already of common mind, joyously playing. They were running around the building together until the staff decided that it was time to calm down because Herbert might not be able to take the excitement.

Herbert had a heart murmur and died recently. He was not supposed to last as long as he did and he managed to touch everyone he came in contact with during his life. Even Sandy. His loss seems to have broken the hearts of everyone there.

Attachments

• DSC01793.jpg
    DSC01793.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 188
   / Found a coyote, I think #500  
Just came across this thread. Day before yesterday we were baling hay at the neighbors and a coyote came out of the brush along the fence row to watch us. It would retreat to the brush when we got close to that end of the field and come back out and lay down and watch us again after we made the turn and were part way back to the opposite end of the field. Took a picture with my phone while on the tractor but you can hardly see it. Too far away.