Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #691  
Did you notice what they wanted for it? I'm working on building a new AR 6.8spc. Just a couple pieces left to buy and it will be done. I've been buying a box or two here and there when I find it reasonably priced, which is higher than the .223 rounds.

pricey fusion brand. 32$

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #692  
Yeah, 6.8 is pretty much a reloaders round, there aren't enough of them out there yet for them to become one of the "staple" rounds. As time goes on and if more people starting shooting it, it will get cheaper, but everybody I know that has a 6.8 just reloads them, you never know when you'll see them on the shelf

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #693  
almost the same with 7.62x35 ( 300acc / blackout )

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #694  
Yeah talk about low interest rounds just look at 38 Super. Its one of the most under rated pistol cartridges of all times. Its imho one heck of a good versatile cartridge it can be down loaded or jacked up to some unreal numbers up near 45 acp medium loads. And being a straight wall case it loads soooo easy and beats a 9mm Luger 100 ways from Sunday in any way shape or form. my .002

I have been contemplating working up some 147 gr jhp hot loads for defense or hunting just a thought at this point but that would be a potent pill.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #695  
i notice many reloaders have some sort of preference one way or another on case style.

myself for instance.. I much perfer bottlenecked cartridges.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #696  
so your a 357 sig type guy? And 7.62x25 tokerev type guy for pistols.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #697  
i don't own anything in 357 sig. but do have 7.62x25 toke and 7.63 mauser, 30 luger ( 7.65 x 22 or 21 .. can't remember ) and 8mm nambu ( 8x22? i think ).. ;)

I'm an oldie.. :)

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #698  
nambu is a cool round, wish I bought a Toke bach when they were cheap a few years back, there still cheap but not so much so.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #699  
some funny stuff in the nambu calibers.

ever play with the 9mm nambu revolver? ( type 26 )

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #700  
nah, i dont have many "gun rich" freinds. the ones i have met like new stuff. I am more of a C&R type guy. Use to not care anyting about pistols, but in the last 10 years i have had more interest and wish i would of bought more of everything when it was way cheaper!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.