Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #701  
yep.. i'm more of a 1860-1960 long arm person myself. love military pattern bolt guns from ww1/2 do have some of the pistols to go witht he historical era.. webley's, the jap revolver/sa guns.

no lugers yet. too spendy.. :)

a friend i used to work with bought a roll top desk at an absolute estate auction one time.. got home and in a drawer was a luber in a washcloth, and in another drawer, and mint, intact ar-7 take down rifle.

he called the place back and they told him it was his.. absolute auction..

65$ desk.. go figure... probably 2000$ in guns... :) some people have all the luck.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #702  
Alright, now the Extended background check bill has been defeated in the Senate, and the rest have not much chance. so unless the executive branch does something un-constituional, and stupid, the gun scare should be about over. And if people would quit buying up more .22LR and 9MM than they need and hoarding it, the price will fall like a Messerschmidt in a flat spin. So lets all quite hoarding, and paying these exorbitant prices, and trust that there is going to be ammo on the shelves, and maybe things will get back to normal pretty soon.

James K0UA

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #703  
yep.. i'm more of a 1860-1960 long arm person myself. love military pattern bolt guns from ww1/2 do have some of the pistols to go witht he historical era.. webley's, the jap revolver/sa guns.

no lugers yet. too spendy.. :)

a friend i used to work with bought a roll top desk at an absolute estate auction one time.. got home and in a drawer was a luber in a washcloth, and in another drawer, and mint, intact ar-7 take down rifle.

he called the place back and they told him it was his.. absolute auction..

65$ desk.. go figure... probably 2000$ in guns... :) some people have all the luck.

Wow!.. I found a $20 bill laying in the street in Texarkana on the AR and TX line a few years ago and I though I was lucky!.. man..

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #704  
Alright, now the Extended background check bill has been defeated in the Senate, and the rest have not much chance. so unless the executive branch does something un-constituional, and stupid, the gun scare should be about over. And if people would quit buying up more .22LR and 9MM than they need and hoarding it, the price will fall like a Messerschmidt in a flat spin. So lets all quite hoarding, and paying these exorbitant prices, and trust that there is going to be ammo on the shelves, and maybe things will get back to normal pretty soon.

James K0UA

I hope you're right, but President ***** got all stern looking and vowed not to give up and Reid voted no only to allow it to be brought back up at a later date. I really hope people don't let down their guard, but sure hope they quit all of this needless hoarding and paying the exorbitant prices. I won't be buying anything until prices come down.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #705  
I hope you're right, but President ***** got all stern looking and vowed not to give up and Reid voted no only to allow it to be brought back up at a later date. I really hope people don't let down their guard, but sure hope they quit all of this needless hoarding and paying the exorbitant prices. I won't be buying anything until prices come down.

with this turn out, and assuming nothing else bad happens. maybee by christmas we will see normal stocking... hopefully.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #706  
with this turn out, and assuming nothing else bad happens. maybee by christmas we will see normal stocking... hopefully.

I sure hope so, I am now shooting out of my reserves and it is cheaper for me to shoot .38/9mm/.40/.45 and that's sure a first. I have enough to last a few months if I don't go overboard.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #707  
Looks like we need to pass more restrictive bomb and poison laws in the mean time.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #708  
Looks like we need to pass more restrictive bomb and poison laws in the mean time.

I have thought about that but thought it might be seen as tasteless making a joke in the wake of a tragety. Not saying i see what you said like that or i mean it that way but i have avoided it cause some dont realize i am a huge kidder and jokester and joke about everything but can say it in a serious way. But i did think that boston and all the big cities need to outlaw bombs after this. And if they do that only the bad guys would have bombs then, hey kind of like handguns in DC and Chicago right???

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #709  

I gotta say I hadn't thought too much about the make up of the bombs used in Boston until I read this quote:

"Suffolk University senior Ethan Long was on the business' first floor by the bar when the devices exploded outside. Glass blew past the 22-year-old's face, and he said that in the first panicked seconds, there was a yell to get down because it was thought someone had a gun.

The smell was as if someone had fired a musket right in front of him, said Long, who edits a weekly newspaper at his school."

I am sure hoping that 'easily obtained without a background check' gun powder was not a major ingredient and some other explosive compound was used (amfo or the like).

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #710  

using common govt logic.. you mean we need to ban pressure cookers and envelopes right?

Status
Not open for further replies.