Watcha eating?

/ Watcha eating? #41  
I've found that since I'm older, my metabolism must have changed. I'm not nearly as gassy as I used to be. Maybe my body just naturally breaks down cellulose fiber better or since vegetable fiber is most of my diet, all my digestive juices can work to break down those gas producers.:confused3: On the other hand, my 13 yo grandson is a "gas generator." He can run you out of a car, room, or even the whole house.:mad:

I guess this is an unintentional advertisement, but I love the Progresso Lite Soups. I really can't think of a single one I don't like. I've eaten lots of meals of soup and canned beans, or soup and salad, or black beans flavored with chili, salsa, and onions. Since August of 2012, I've lost over 65 lb and done it with a smile on my face. I get full, but the meals are not high calorie and all low fat content.

Jim, congratulations on the weight loss, that takes some real will power and also a change in life style diet as opposed to just a diet to lose weight...those folks end up putting it right back on. I have a friend that does that..like a Yo Yo...he loses it and then goes right back to eating the junk he ate before and gains it all back and more...then after a while he loses it again....darnedest thing to watch...:thumbsup:

/ Watcha eating? #42  
I just snorkled a breakfast burrito from the cafe... 2.5 hours drive into work made me hungry...

Be well all-o-y'all,
David

/ Watcha eating? #43  
We had the whole grain wheat bread and the black bean pork soup for dinner last night. Was pretty good. The Beano the wifey bought me said to take 2-3 pills so I took one. :laughing::laughing::laughing: The pill helped but next time I will try two. :D

The bread was not as crusty as I would have liked but since this was the first time using the new cast iron pans I kept the oven temperature a bit low. The first time I made bread in the cast iron dutch oven the bread was a bit over down when following the recipe. The bread was pretty good and even one of the kids liked it which is saying something I have the words pickiest kids.

This morning I could not wait any longer and had three pieces of the Rye whole grain bread. :licking::licking::licking: Melted some cheese on two slices and put jam on the third. Very filling and good.

The whole grain bread would have been better with sesame, flax, and/or sun flower seeds.

It only took 30 minutes to mix up the two bread doughs and set the aside for 18 or so hours until I baked them. No Kneading needed. Just mix the ingredients together and let it sit. When it is time to bake, roll the dough into the pan. Bake, cool, and then eat. :licking:

All things in moderation is what Granny said. I had some store bought soup the other day and the one can was two servings. Eating the whole can was around 1800 mg of salt! :shocked: Which is pretty close to the 2300 mg(1 teaspoon) recommended amount of salt one needs in a day. Store bought bread can be high in salt which shocked me with 200-300mg in a serving. Decent bread is $4-5 a loaf. I figure I spent a $1-2 for two loafs and my bread is much better for us.

Later,
Dan

/ Watcha eating? #44  
well i will be starved in a little while. had cherrios and toast i love ceral but it just don't stick with me.om not going to garage till it gets at least 15 degrees 13 now

/ Watcha eating? #45  
Fresh Gulf of Maine shrimp right off the boat .......

Made up a meal for wifey and I then processed the rest of the 5 gal bucket for the freezer gods shrimp%20007%20(600x450).jpg

/ Watcha eating?
Hey Gunny, we didn't have hash browns this time, but wife did have corned beef hash with hers. I had to go to the parlor to eat......I can't stand the smell of it. Sometimes we will make tater cakes out of leftover mashed potatoes. I like it better than hash browns.

/ Watcha eating? #47  
Mexican food at a restaurant where the Men's group from my Church meets. I'm the leader, so I gotta be here.

David

/ Watcha eating?
I wish the mens group at my church met at a Mexician Restaurant. Can't go wrong with beef, peppers, and onions.