Watcha eating?

/ Watcha eating? #21  
We eat a lot of stir frys....Pork loin, chicken or fish and vegetables with olive oil and spices...seasonings...WE love butter beans, butter peas, lima beans...When we eat ground beef we buy 90 % lean and buy boneless, skinless chicken breast and fish caught in US waters only....We also use our grill on our deck as much as possible. IN the winter a lot of soups and stews....Now I'm hungry...:licking:

/ Watcha eating? #22  
For you Pinto Bean lovers...ever try Anasazi Beans? They are the queen of beans by my way of thinking. They are just a tad sweeter than regular pintos, cook up a whole lot faster, produce little or no gas...that's right, little or no gas. They get their name from the Anasazi Indians ("The Ancient Ones"). Used to have to buy them in a specialty foods store, but now our grocery store carries them, or you can order them from the company, out of Colorado. The are multi-color like the big butter beans. Oh, if regular pintos sometimes hurt your tummy, try these.

https://www.anasazibeans.com/

I have heard of these beans. I looked a the link but they said "mealier" which does not sound good to me. :laughing::laughing::laughing: On the other hand, producing little or no gas would make my wifey VERY happy. She was complaining about the air quality in our house the other night. I go by the old rule, that "S/he who smelt it, delt it." but she is not buying into that old saying. :confused3::D:D:D

Later,
Dan

/ Watcha eating? #23  
Beans, taters, cornbread and maters, and garlic pork roast. Yum Yum.

/ Watcha eating? #24  
Baked beans Navy beans, maple syrup, brown sugar, onions, and salt pork! :)

I've grown a lot of beans over time, mostly italian pole...but the one of best long bean I ever had was something called greasy bean...know of them?

/ Watcha eating? #25  
Best bean ever was Mayocoba, yellowish 1st had them in Mazatlan...

/ Watcha eating? #26  
I have heard of these beans. I looked a the link but they said "mealier" which does not sound good to me. :laughing::laughing::laughing: On the other hand, producing little or no gas would make my wifey VERY happy. She was complaining about the air quality in our house the other night. I go by the old rule, that "S/he who smelt it, delt it." but she is not buying into that old saying. :confused3::D:D:D

Later,
Dan

I don't know what they mean by "mealier". They have the same consistency as pintos, maybe a bit softer if you don't watch them and take them off when they're done. I never liked pintos very much; had too many in the school lunch room. We buy Anasazi's exclusively any more.

/ Watcha eating? #27  
well wife had school today so it was pizza and salad and a coke and a piece of home made apple sauce cake.

/ Watcha eating? #28  
I never met a bean that I didn't like except burned beans.:p The very best pinto beans I ever ate are the ones from my own garden. Freshly shelled pintos are a slice of heaven. Like all things fresh, they have exceptional taste. I love green beans, Kentucky Wonders, and all types of peas. I too love my cornbread more course in texture with more meal and fried up in a cast iron pan is best, though I've never been silly enough to turn it down just because it wasn't made in a fryin' pan. Pea soup and Navy bean soup are two of my favorites. Bean dip is also my favorite dip. If the world had no beans, it would not be nearly as nice.:D

/ Watcha eating? #29  
I'm a bean lover also. I'll grab a can of butter beans, pop the top and grab a spoon :licking:

But I had chicken noodle soup for dinner.

I hate baby limas though.

/ Watcha eating? #30  
Liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti...:D