Maple Syrup

/ Maple Syrup
You can start out small, 10 to 20 taps and some plastic pails to store it in and a propane turkey fryer with a stainless steel stockpot on top. Have fun.

Then sugarin will get in your blood and you will be expanding by hundreds of taps a season.

/ Maple Syrup #33  
Do any of you fellas sell/ship some authentic Maple syrup??

My grandfather used to trade honey for maple syrup from a guy when I was a kid, store bought isn't the same. If I loose the thread please send me an PM with information!

thanks!!

/ Maple Syrup #34  

My grandfather used to trade honey for maple syrup from a guy when I was a kid, store bought isn't the same. If I loose the thread please send me an PM with information!

thanks!!
I can put you on the list but the sap hasn't run yet so there is no Guarantee I'll have it. What grade do you want? Vermont fancy" Vermont A medium amber, or, A dark amber. The A medium amber is the most popular as the Fancy is almost clear and the maple flavor is too delicate to please most waffle eaters.
The price would be $40 per gallon plus the container $2,20 for a full gallon plus shipping 12 lbs per gallon and container. They make jugs as small as a half pint for $1.05. So how much you want?

/ Maple Syrup #35  
I can put you on the list but the sap hasn't run yet so there is no Guarantee I'll have it. What grade do you want? Vermont fancy" Vermont A medium amber, or, A dark amber. The A medium amber is the most popular as the Fancy is almost clear and the maple flavor is too delicate to please most waffle eaters.
The price would be $40 per gallon plus the container $2,20 for a full gallon plus shipping 12 lbs per gallon and container. They make jugs as small as a half pint for $1.05. So how much you want?

Looking for probably a gallon of Grade B, or I guess that would be your A dark amber??, . Is yours 100% maple? or do you cut it down? No offense intended. .
I can buy the "simulated" versions at the grocery, but want authentic. Reason I mention that, my grandfather told me it was hard to find someone who made 100% pure, said when he was young it was so bad, the "guvment" had to get involved?? figured he was pulling my leg:laughing:.

Oh, how much maple does it take to make a gallon of Grade "B"? , m just curious, we used to produce Sorghum and honey.

/ Maple Syrup

thanks!!

I should be able to. You got me thinking about the laws for shipping internationally. I probably could get it across the border with out issues and ship it from the States side.

Since vtsnowedin responded first support him first and if he can't fill your order I will try to. No guarantees as like any crop dependent on mother nature, it can be a complete flop of a season and end up with next to nothing.

It takes 40 gallons sap to make 1 gallon syrup. Most likely the same as in Canada all syrup labeled Maple Syrup must be made from the direct concentrating of sap. Nothing added.

/ Maple Syrup #37  
Do all kinds of Maple trees produce the sap to make syrup?

/ Maple Syrup #38  
Looking for probably a gallon of Grade B, or I guess that would be your A dark amber??, . Is yours 100% maple? or do you cut it down? No offense intended. .
I can buy the "simulated" versions at the grocery, but want authentic. Reason I mention that, my grandfather told me it was hard to find someone who made 100% pure, said when he was young it was so bad, the "guvment" had to get involved?? figured he was pulling my leg:laughing:.

Oh, how much maple does it take to make a gallon of Grade "B"? , m just curious, we used to produce Sorghum and honey.
If I was to ship you anything labeled as Vermont maple syrup that was not 100% the real deal they would literally send me to jail. Not just the govment, they would put me in jail to protect me from the other producers that will do anything to protect the Vermont Maple reputation.
You are now on the list for one gallon of A dark amber. I'll PM you when I have it in the jug.
Sap varies from 1% to 5% sugar content so it can take from 100 to as little as 20 gallons of sap to make a gallon of syrup. 40 to 50 is common, 1% stinks as it takes twice as much wood to boil it down and the extra boiling time hurts the grade. My rig can boil away 50 gallons of sap an hour.

/ Maple Syrup
Do all kinds of Maple trees produce the sap to make syrup?

Yes, but their sugar content varies. Red, silver,... all produce sap but at lower sugar content as compared to the Sugar Maple.