The "Perfect" Burger

/ The "Perfect" Burger #111  
I've never seen meringue made with brown sugar, so I was thinking it might taste even better. I kind of like brown sugar. In fact, I've been having a little bowl of Quaker instant Maple & Brown Sugar oatmeal for breakfast lately.
Perhaps its partly due to the overly sweet lime part? We shall see

Have you ever watched a calf nurse? When I was kid, we called meringue "calf slobbers".
There is a more than passing resemblance there...

Aaron Z

/ The "Perfect" Burger #112  
Report in the Lime Meringue pie:
Meringue: Regular meringue (made with white sugar vs brown) tastes better to us.
Custard: Too sweet and not limy enough for the wife. I am not partial to lime flavor and prefer my the orange custard that I normally make
Crust: Too dry and crumbly for some reason, look to look into it more

We will try it again with less sugar and more lime, although I may make an orange custard and a lime custard at the same time, the make the pie half orange, half lime.

Edit: Pie with a couple of slices out of it:
View attachment 311780

Aaron Z
The pie was much better on the 3rd day (made on Thu, was better Sat than it was on Fri). The crust was still a little on the dry side (my mother in law liked it though) but the flavor of the filling was better. Discussing it with my wife, the lime flavor might have been weak because the limes were a little on the old side...
I am thinking of making another one tonight but possibly making a lime custard and a orange custard and making a pie that is half lime and half orange (ie: one side lime, the other orange).

Time will tell.

Aaron Z

/ The "Perfect" Burger
:licking: You're killin' me. :laughing:

/ The "Perfect" Burger #114  
Geeez ? What gives../ supposed to be about the perfect burger....I clicked to see since we are having burgers tonight so I wanted a new recipe and now you guys have moved on to pie...What next....Vegan burgers ? LOL

/ The "Perfect" Burger
:laughing: I know, I was thinking the same thing...but daaaamn, that pie looks good.

I'll have you know I grilled some burgers last night, Bob. :licking:

/ The "Perfect" Burger #116  
:laughing: I know, I was thinking the same thing...but daaaamn, that pie looks good.

OK Jay, just wanted to let you know you have lost complete control of your thread....You need a course in Thread Management I guess...:confused3: So now I will have to tell my Mrs. we will have pie for dinner or brown sugar burgers....Now does that sound good to you ? All your fault.....:D

/ The "Perfect" Burger
You need a course in Thread Management I guess...:confused3: So now I will have to tell my Mrs. we will have pie for dinner or brown sugar burgers....Now does that sound good to you ? All your fault.....:D

:laughing: Don't go gettin' me in trouble with the Mrs., please.

/ The "Perfect" Burger #118  
Geeez ? What gives../ supposed to be about the perfect burger....I clicked to see since we are having burgers tonight so I wanted a new recipe and now you guys have moved on to pie...What next....Vegan burgers ? LOL

I'll start a new thread when I make the next pie, twas just an offshoot of my perfect tasting burger:
View attachment 311749

Thanks, it was pretty good but not as good as the orange meringue ones usually are.
Really leaning toward the half/half lime/orange meringue pie for the next one...

Aaron Z

/ The "Perfect" Burger
Off with your head! It's all good Aaron, I'll bet Bob will probably be making a pie for dessert tonight. :laughing: