The "Perfect" Burger

/ The "Perfect" Burger #31  
80/20 ground chuck with salt, pepper, and some (but not too much) Montreal steak seasoning. Never more than medium rare for me, and always make sure to let the meat rest for ten minutes or so after grilling. You won't have enough napkins in the house to keep your chin clean:licking:

If I'm feeling really bad I add some bacon fat to the mix.

/ The "Perfect" Burger #32  
IF your really brave... stop by a "burger machine" late at night in the Philippines!

mark

/ The "Perfect" Burger #33  
I would rather grill steaks, but we can't do that all the time. I also much prefer charcoal over gas, but I do own a gas grill just in case we run out of charcoal.
I do like the 80/20 Angus mix, then we always mix in a little bit of re-hydrated onions (About 1 tablespoon per pound), pat out 1/3 pound patties, then cook just about like a steak. Hit it with high heat to sear and seal juices in somewhat, flip and sear the other side, then move them over to a less hot area and cook those bad boys.

My wife always has to have her meat well done, I'm a medium done guy and I don't like squeezing them down with the spatula or anything while they're cooking, so I've got a digital thermometer so that I don't overcook mine. (To me, well done is well done and you can't overcook it, so I'm not too worried about her burgers).

I also don't put any salt on the burgers until they've cooked. I read that salt will draw the moisture out of the meat and tends to make it a little tougher, and from what I've seen, they do taste juicer and better this way.
Just before I take the burgers off the grill, I do sprinkle some Texas Road House Sirloin Seasoning on them and let them set for just 30 seconds or so. Put them on a plate and cover with some foil to let them settle down for four or five minutes, then dress them out and go to town.

We've also mixed in an egg (not too bad), jalapeno peppers (also not bad, but I prefer just putting slices on the burger) and I've tried the sausage mix, but if I'm going to eat hamburger, I want hamburger, if I want sausage, I'll fix sausage, that's just my thing.

Another thing I like for my burgers is bakery fresh buns, not the bagged ones at the store. We're lucky enough to have a bakery here and their buns make a world of difference in the way a good grilled hamburger tastes.

Years ago I used to do a lot of traveling across the country and ran into a little truckstop down in Tennessee that sold cheeseburgers with a fried egg on them. The waitress told me to try it and if I didn't like it, I could take the egg off and she wouldn't charge me for it. I did try it and stopped in there every time I drove by, it turned out to be one of those weird, but very good, sandwiches.

If you like Spam, it's also great cooked on the grill, makes for a good fast lunch

/ The "Perfect" Burger #34  
Years ago I used to do a lot of traveling across the country and ran into a little truckstop down in Tennessee that sold cheeseburgers with a fried egg on them. The waitress told me to try it and if I didn't like it, I could take the egg off and she wouldn't charge me for it. I did try it and stopped in there every time I drove by, it turned out to be one of those weird, but very good, sandwiches.
That is also common down in Argentina, pretty good when done right.

Aaron Z

/ The "Perfect" Burger #35  
We had some very tasty sausages off of the grill last night. Usually those are something that I grill down at the lake in my small, portable grill, but they are good anytime!!!

I'm not a big burger fan, but I do enjoy my steaks on the grill. I've found that I only like USDA Choice. It costs a buck or two more, but the taste is well worth it. I like to rub McCormic Montreal Steak seasoning into the meat, then 4 1/2 minutes on each side over coals. I tried gas and didn't care for it, but my parents are just the opposite.

Another thing I really like on the grill is zuccini and squash. Add a little olive oil, some salt and pepper and grill until it gets a little black on the edges. It's the only thing that will bring Oscar to the grill, begging for scraps!!!!

Eddie

/ The "Perfect" Burger #36  
In England, a fried egg over a bowl of chille is par for the course.

mark

/ The "Perfect" Burger #37  

I have made hamburgers with egg at home. :licking: Tis really good.

There is a restaurant that I used to visit pretty often that had a pizza with Prosciutto and an egg. :licking::licking::licking: They would but the egg right in the middle of the pizza before putting it in the wood oven. The egg and Prosciutto really went well together. :licking::licking::licking:

Later,
Dan

/ The "Perfect" Burger #38  
We had some very tasty sausages off of the grill last night. Usually those are something that I grill down at the lake in my small, portable grill, but they are good anytime!!!

I'm not a big burger fan, but I do enjoy my steaks on the grill. I've found that I only like USDA Choice. It costs a buck or two more, but the taste is well worth it. I like to rub McCormic Montreal Steak seasoning into the meat, then 4 1/2 minutes on each side over coals. I tried gas and didn't care for it, but my parents are just the opposite.

Another thing I really like on the grill is zuccini and squash. Add a little olive oil, some salt and pepper and grill until it gets a little black on the edges. It's the only thing that will bring Oscar to the grill, begging for scraps!!!!

Eddie

Same here Eddie, along with the zucchini and yellow squash sliced lengthwise , then olive oil , salt and pepper then I put slices of Vidallia Onions coated with olive oil and Mushroom....some green peppers as well and that all cut up on your plate with a nice steak or anything is just great...it has the nice char on it from the grill...

/ The "Perfect" Burger #39  
I am in the 80/20 chuck crowd. I insist on some fat in my burgers and I like a hot charcoal fire. My "normal" burger recipe is 2 tbsp worc sauce, fresh ground black pepper, garlic salt and a couple tbsp Lipton onion soup mix per pound of meat this makes 2 burgers.

/ The "Perfect" Burger #40  
The perfect burger comes from a geasy spoon joint that rarely cleans the grill, same with hotdogs. Cheap and if you haven't eaten in about eight hours, it's the best food you ever had!

mark